1. Garball

Garball Banned Contributor

Working with a Charity

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Garball, Sep 11, 2014.

This is my fourth time to be involved with the March of Dimes Signature Chef Auction, but today was my first time to set foot into an NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). It was an emotional experience to see a 24 week old 1 lb baby in an incubator. After the tour, I thanked the doctor for her time and told her I was glad the facility was there but had no problem never needing to utilize it. No point to this post really; it was just kind of touching.

jazzabel likes this.
  2. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

NICU and SCBU (Special Care Baby Units) are truly inpirational and emotional places. Treating tiny babies isn't easy, they are so small, it takes a lot of special skills to even be able to do the basics, such as take blood. The good thing about it is seeing a child with severe injuries and issues, get completely better to go on and have long and fulfilling life. Children can heal so much better because they are still developing, and what should be truly sad and depressing place, is in fact full of hope and good news. Even if it takes some time.

3. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Personally I think it's hard not to have an emotional reaction to certain places and sights and that's one of them.