1. arron89

arron89 Banned

Book Club?!

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by arron89, Apr 29, 2009.

Hey you crazy cats and, erm, catesses...
    Hey I was just wondering if anyone here would be interested in running a sorta online book club, either through the site or with email/ims....just to analyse different books, different authors, see how great novels work and why some might think they fail...but mostly just to read lots of great books and have a lot of fun, heated debates!
    So yeah, just putting it out there, lemme know whatcha think!

(and if there already is one that i missed (which i dont think there is...) politely point me to it :D)

2. Bob Magness

Bob Magness New Member

Well, it isn't run from this site but I personally enjoy www.bookandreader.com It is a forum similar to this one except instead of focusing on writing it focuses on books and authors. I came across it when I was also looking for an online book club.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

There was an attempt to set up a reading club, from about September until it collapsed around December through lack of interest.

It was here in Book Discussion, so you can probably find it a couple pages in.

4. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Yeah, I kinda dropped the ball on that. It didn't seem like anyone was really into it, anyway. Here's the discussion thread and the suggestion thread.

I found a pretty good site called Goodreads, where you can organize your books into lists based on what you've read, what you're reading now, and what you plan on reading. You can post book reviews, answer trivia, and join discussion groups. I think I've been reading even more since I've been on there. If that's possible.