1. lipton_lover

lipton_lover New Member

fiction short story publishers

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by lipton_lover, Jun 29, 2009.

I asked this question awhile ago and it has been asked again more recently by others but I have a more specific request.

I am aware of sites that allow anyone to immediately upload their article and publish it on the site, being paid per page view or other sites publishing the story. But the only ones I know of are for articles such as how-to stuff, not stories of any type. Are there any for fiction short stories? I can't find one. I'm not trying to make a living off of this, I would just like to make a little off of it if possible, it's not a pressing issue. So if anyone has any sites they know of can you please share?

Thanks, Nate

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I don't know of any sites and honestly, wouldn't bother with any such site either.

If you are aiming at getting paid for your work, then go through traditional methods and get a name for yourself. Avoid scams such as lulu and the like. Traditional methods might not be as quick and easy to get a few dollars, and it can be very disheartening when you get rejection after rejection after rejection, but honestly, at the end of the day when you look at your shelf and see a book of your own work sitting there, it is definitely worth all the hard work.

www.duotrope.com

www.ralan.com

3. lipton_lover

lipton_lover New Member

I would love to go the traditional route, except that right now it's more work than I want to put into this. As I said, I'm not looking for an actual supportive job as a writer, it would just be nice to make some money off of things I'm already writing for my own enjoyment. But I will definitely look through what both of those sites have in case I find something that will work.

Thanks, Nate