1. Rickie writes

Rickie writes New Member

New guy on the block

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rickie writes, Mar 24, 2008.

Hello

I'm the new guy on the block. I'm not a very good writer but I'd like to develope a writing career as I go into retirement so I can keep busy and maybe make a little coin.

Many of my friends have told me over the years that I should write but I've always hesitated because I'm ADD and writing is so difficult for me. After dabbling some I've come to enjoy putting my thoughts on paper and find it rewarding.

It's kind of the way I cook, if I'm satisfied with it I'm happy. If others are then it adds to my pleasure, if not then I got some good leftovers.

I do want to write well, that's why I joined this forum, and I do hope people will enjoy & benefit from my work but I have to be happy with it first.

There are so many talanted people on this form, I pray some day I to can make subatantive contributions as well.

Peace

Rickie

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Rickie, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

welcome ricky hope you enjoy it here:)

4. Rickie writes

Rickie writes New Member

Good idea. I never thought about it that way.

5. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hiya there, Rickie. Welcome to WF.org!

6. Rickie writes

Rickie writes New Member

Thanks.

I've been reading some reviews to get a feel of the crowd.

My god this is a big place, filled with a lots of stuff too!

It may take some time to get around.

7. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

heya there and welcome to the most insane forum there ever could be
    and in this forum are the craziest people there ever could be
    and the green grass grew all around all around
    and the green grass grew all around

Sorry, I have kids! :p

Anyways welcome to the forum, I hope that you have a wonderful time here with all of us and I look forward to seeing you around the boards :)

8. Rickie writes

Rickie writes New Member

Thanks

So far so good. I'm still learning my way around the site and figuring out how it works. I'm not real good at the tec stuff. I'm more of an affective domain kind of guy.

Heck! I got my first friend already. Now if I can only figure out how to use the friend thing to contact her?

All in good time.

9. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hiya, welcome to the forums :)

10. Rickie writes

Rickie writes New Member

Thanks.

I'm an Einstein fan as well. He clearly demonstrates how unlimited our thinking can/should be and how our potential is barely tapped.

11. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Seriouslly wasn't he a genius, well, yah everyone knows that.........I wish I was a genius too.............Hey don't you admire Osama too?? I sometimes think I might join him but then only if it wasn't terrorism.....I'm too patriotic.....I seriously would've loved to die for my country............Wish I was born before independence.....I think I just gave a parichay of my stupidness, so I should shut up and say hi.

OH well........Hey!! And Welcome!!