1. Evaman45

Evaman45 New Member

Novel Help?!?!?

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by Evaman45, Aug 25, 2009.

so i just started writing a new novel its about A young disc golf player who gets no respect and eveyone pushes him around and tells him how he sucks and i wont it to b like in the end of the book he is extremly good and he has always dreamed off winning the disc golf park tourtment

does this sound like a dumb idea that wouldent b intresting?:confused:

2. I think this might be better posted under General Writing.
    Anyways, any idea can be stupid and lame, but it depends on how you write it, the characters, the general elements, etc. Why not? Write it and see what you see

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no point to asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read this thread about What is Plot Creation and Development?

(and yes, this is a template post, which should give you an idea of how often this comes up.)

How about a story about a young writer who nobody takes seriously, but he works hard, stops using net abbreviations, studies the craft, develops his unique style, and writes an amazing story about a golfer?

4. I could not have said it better myself, Cogito.
    *laughs* at "net abbreviations" part. :D

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

what the heck is 'disc golf'???

6. I think that's the name of the tournament or something along those lines.

7. shawsend

shawsend Active Member

Evaman . . . this is a writing forum, and those are terribly-written sentences. Why not write correctly all the time? I just found it odd you're asking us about writing a whole novel, but stating it so poorly.