1. TheHippieFarmer

TheHippieFarmer New Member

Finished book, blogging and onwards!

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by TheHippieFarmer, Jun 13, 2011.

So I posted here a few months ago about my crippling writer's block. I blamed my situation (Travelling through Vietnam on a motorbike), my lack of progression (Was doing a couple of thousand words every few weeks), and a few other things. I was stumped, and set it all out here. In return I got some good, positive feedback and some helpful advice. :)

Anyway, cutting a long story short - or in literal terms after making a short story longer - the first draft of my novel is complete. I had a large quantity of beer to celebrate, and am now letting the book settle like a good wine, waiting until I've forgotten all about it before heading on to the second draft. So thanks for the support, guys.

I've created a blog in the meantime - Making it to the page - which will cover my progress from this point in. I'll be updating on my second draft and the process of getting the book from my laptop to a publishing house. In between I'll be linking and discussing articles and different aspects of trying to become a published writer, which hopefully people will find useful. It's be great if you checked it out, and if you're already involved with Blogspot or anything then I'd love to read what you guys have as well!

Thanks again, and I'll post from time to time with further updates here as well. :)

2. Domino

Domino Active Member

That's brilliant. :) Big congratulations to you. I wish you every success with it.

3. thesims

thesims Member

Great initiative! I will be following your blog.

4. James Scarborough

James Scarborough Member

Congratulations. I'll also follow along with your blog and wish you success. Also, I'd be very interested in hearing about your travels in Vietnam.