Firefly/Serenity

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Uberwatch, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Cappy and Pegody

Cappy and Pegody Member

I really liked Fire fly it harkened back to the original astronauts cowboy personality. I love westerns and Sci fo so its cool that they come together.I think it stems from the early astronauts. They were all military trained test pilots of slight stature. They were for the most part hard living hard playing alpha males and they all respected Chuck Yeager, Who was a real life cowboy test pilot. To this day among old school test pilots they still adopt his drawling radio slang even when it isnt their normal way to talk. Say what ya want about Joss but he has made more money writing and touched more people than most of us ever will so he did something right.

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Not to mention that the history of adventure SF is rife with that kind of world building, where you have an interesting concept that doesn't stand up to scientific scrutiny. Nothing wrong with that - it's an art form not a physics treatise

Krispee and Cappy and Pegody like this.
  3. Krispee

Krispee Contributor Contributor

Absolutely, to enjoy a place where anything can happen, regardless of what you know.

4. ckb

ckb Member

I couldn't pass this thread up! I love Firefly and Serenity. I had agreed to house sit and watch three dogs for my sister in Colorado. Only once I arrived did they (her husband as well) reveal to me that they didn't have any type of air conditioning. They had, for my comfort, purchased three fans and believed it would suffice as it apparently never got hot in Colorado. Well, they were wrong. That week the temperatures stayed in the low 100's. There was nothing to do but sit on the couch and sweat - I kid you not! The dogs joined me. Firefly, the series, just happened to be a DVD set the husband had on the shelf. It took me days to finally watch it...but when I did.....an entire new world......beautiful.....
    Serenity happened to be streaming live on Netflix that same week.....the planets aligned.....

Hubardo likes this.
  5. Krispee

Terraformed planets though, of course.....;)

6. ckb

ckb Member

Shiny

7. Daemon Wolf

Daemon Wolf Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Lol. Sorry I had to. This thread made me start up Episode 1. :)

8. Krispee

I think I remember seeing that somewhere lately, perhaps it`s doing the rounds. :)

Daemon Wolf likes this.