1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Tesseract? (Fantasy Novel, Help find!)

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Wreybies, May 24, 2014.

Here's what I remember...

• I read it when I was young, so nothing published after the mid-80's
    • A couple purchases an old door that turns into a passage into another world (standard fantasy stuff). There was enough sex for me to remember that aspect of the book, so not a YA title.
    • On the other side of the door the society engages in a mild kind of slavery, mild because people choose whether they want to be master or slaves. No one is forced, which... sounds kinda D/s and might well have been but I was too young to twig. Masters are noticeable through their wearing of gold jewelry items.
    • There are animals they use as riding beasts that look a bit like a cross between a polar bear and a chalicotherium.
    • I could swear the book was called The Tesseract or just Tesseract, but there's another book by Alex Garland with that title that is absolutely not the book of which I speak. There are also seem to be numerous other similar or same titles that have sprung up since the 80's...
    Sound familiar to anyone?

2. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

Unfortunately not... i originally thought it was about Tesseract when i saw the title...