Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garball

Garball Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand. Supporter Contributor

First, Pigeon Spikes; Now, Homeless Spikes

Discussion in 'Debate Room' started by Garball, Jun 8, 2014.

Some neighborhoods in London have been using these metal studs to deter "rough sleepers" from slumbering on the sidewalks for a decade or so (so I read, I've never been to London) and are now getting some negative media. Having recently stepped out of my car in the parking garage onto a human turd, my tolerance is quite low at the moment, but still, seeing metal studs driven into the concrete makes me wonder where we are going as a whole.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertynews/10883541/Homeless-spikes-installed-outside-London-flats.html

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

:confused: But you're in Shreveport, are you not?

How do you know the species the turd originated from?

The spikes to keep away the riffraff in lieu of helping people who need help is pretty sucky though. Someone should leave some right sized plywood around the neighborhood.

3. Garball

Actually, I am quite knowledgeable in the differentiation of animal spore:agreed:. Not to mention, I have to walk past three or four "rough sleepers" to get to my car at night. Being in Shreveport, it actually makes me uneasy because of our high crime rate and the garage's close proximity to the greyhound station. It pisses me off that these drunks (yes, I have witnessed their actions) make me feel uneasy when all I want to do is get off work and go home. In the morning, however, I have a lot more sympathy, unless I find a turd under my Redwing.

The plywood sounds like a good idea:agreed:

Thomas Kitchen likes this.
  4. Tiradentes

Tiradentes Member

I don't have a problem with things like this being used at the entrances to apartment complexes. Homeless people like to loiter in high-traffic areas so as to beg as many people is possible. If I couldn't walk out of my home without being hassled I'd probably go nuts. Also, it's a terrible idea to let someone sleep in front of the main exit of a building. The homeless carry all of their property with them. What happens if they fall asleep and all that stuff gets left in front of the door? How would an occupant get out in an emergency?

5. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

That thumbs-up smiley finished me. :rofl:

6. Garball

Emily and I were walking in the woods a couple of weeks ago. I pointed and said that's raccoon shit. She asked how I knew and I responded with the same line, no thumbs up though.

Thomas Kitchen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.