1. MrGinger128

MrGinger128 New Member

First time writing

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by MrGinger128, Mar 24, 2015.

Hi Guys,

I read the rules and was a little conflicted as to whether I should post this or not, but In the end decided that if I get the responses here I would continue to eventual submission to be critiqued. I'm sorry if I've broken any rules.

Yesterday, for the first time ever, I attempted to write a beginning of a story that's been rolling around my head for a good long while. A friend of mine had written 1000 words and asked me to read it so I thought i'd repay the favour.

It took me around 30-40 minutes, and I haven't touched it since I finished it.

Writing is something that i've wanted to do for a few years now but have never actually attempted at all until now.

I guess the reason i'm posting this is that i'm worried that it's just a complete waste of time so I thought i'd ask a community I know isn't completely brutal to have a quick look and maybe someone could tell me if it's worth me expanding on the idea.

Anyway, Thank you to anyone that reads.

Moony likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum. It's odd seeing MrGinger. Stick around, get to know the community and meet the minimum requirements. It's against the rules to try to go around those requirements but it's not really hard to meet them.

Moony likes this.
  3. MrGinger128

MrGinger128 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply!

No problem, Sorry!

Daniel.

4. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

Hey there, Mr Ginger. :)

Looks like our other Ginger already pointed out our requirements for posting work for critique here in the forum. Here's the New Member Quick Start that will lead you to more detailed information on that and the rest of the forum.

Enjoy.

Wrey

5. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

No apology needed. We'd love you to stay and get that critique you want in a couple weeks. As for, should you continue, yes, absolutely don't go by your first attempt. Writing is a skill that takes time to acquire.

6. theoriginalmonsterman

theoriginalmonsterman Pickle Contest Administrator Contributor

Writing isn't a waste of time if you enjoy writing. If you like writing you like writing nothing more to be said. Obviously you must like it a little though considering you came on here looking for some answers. Anyways welcome to the forums :D

7. bluehouse

bluehouse Member

As advice I wish I had for much longer than I have had it, don't get attached to those 1,000 words you put down in 30-40 minutes. It's simply not natural for a well-told story to be told from scratch at that pace.