Five Lives, Five Souls

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Cyan, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PastPresentNFuture

PastPresentNFuture New Member

Ezric turned to his other side to see a youth of roughly sixteen, but as tall as he with short brown hair and blue eyes. He was of a fairly high class wearing what seemed well smithed plate armour over a white hooded robe. Since this boy had quality to him, Ezric let the insolence slide

"Yes, my foster father was a nobleman, but he knew the law about half breeds, so he built this mansion for me to live in, in this wretched place stocked with many material luxuries from the world above. I am one of the lucky ones, but make no mistake, I hate this place. Why do you say I am young. Surely you are the young one, since you seem to be a teenager. And I have seen well over three centuries, so surely I must be far older than you. Well in anycase, you two are worthy allies, It would seem, tell me your names please."

2. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

Danny watched the others with a detached interest. He pulled his black coat tighter around him as his runes burned beneath his clothes. Strange how they were all so alike, all of them brought here to end the suffering of their races but he was alone. He was the foolish, arrogant boy who had laughed and told God that he would not follow him. He was the boy who's skin was marred with hideous black markings. These men, they would bed beautiful women and drink and eat and feel pain. Pain, funny how he longed for pain. He almost laughed. He would never know those pleasures again. "My name is Danil Cayden." He said softly, glancing around at the others. "Perhaps you've heard of me?" The story of archangel Uriel's son who disobeyed God had spread all throughout the lands. He could see them. The demons were here again. He could see shadows, smoky shapeless things billowing just a few feet away from him. Go away. He scowled. He could never get away from these damn things.

3. berky

berky New Member

IT took Drake a moment to...fully process, the arrogance of this stranger. A great sensation of anger filled his veins. He'd traveled in hopes of talking with great intellectuals and speaking of peace. Not to be talked down to by a creature smaller then himself. Drake imagined grappling the man, starring him in the eyes and speaking softly "beg your pardon sir, but i'm more accustomed to eating vermin then talking to it" he would then unhinging his jaw and enjoy the under cooked meal before him.

"...no...no that won't do" Drake said to himself with a smirk.Instead he grabbed two goblets of wine from a waitress, he then reached into his pocket while the nobleman chatted away with another man and pulled a small vile of scent-less tranquilizer from within. Silently, he twisted the cork off and spilled the contents into one of the glasses, which he then placed next to the nobles suitcase. Drake then grabbed his own, rose from the table and patted the man on the shoulder "Xcuse me sir, it's been a real experience meetin you, but I'm in a sociable mood tonight". Drake then sipped from his glass, smiled heartily and walked off. Eager to find a person wise enough to respect their strangers

4. berky

berky New Member

Disregardful the disrespectful noble, Drake scouted the area for someone of his own "caliber". He noticed a strange figure in one of the darker corners of the room. Drakes eyes widened and a grin sprouted from his face. He approached the fellow half Dragon with Vigor.

"Hello!" he shouted while approaching "hello brother! It's a great pleasure to meet another with Dragon-Blood in his veins! Drake extended a hand eagerly "My name is Drake, proud member of the Blue Suns! what is yours?"

/* I'll come up with an original clan name later, Props to anyone who gets the reference! */

5. PastPresentNFuture

Ezric then made a cursory check to see something that made his eyes,widen slightly, which he hoped no one did noticed. He saw a man who had a black coat, with something glowing beneath. He knew who this was, or knew of him rather. Seventy years ago, when Ezric was physically twenty seven he had heard of an angel named Danil Cayden who had done something to anger God. Perhaps by Ezric's scheme he could be granted God's favour again.

Ezric then realized what he had done with his encounter with the giant Dragonman. This Half Dragon was used to be treated as an equal, and he would be a good ally in his plan to overthrow this city. He had made a fair miscalculation indeed. He motionedto his new friend, the other half angel Atel and gestured for him to join him. He then noticed a wine glass, that the Half Dragon must have given him. He would show Danil friendship by giving him the wine, and five gold coins, and apologize to the huge Half Dragon and give him (The Half Dragon) ten gold coins (however hard it was for him to do so). He and his new friend walked to the two Half Dragons.

"Wait please" he said "I am sorry that I did not prove to be sociable. It is just that I am a nobleman, and I was raised this way." It was hard for him to say this, but he had to. He reached for his pocket to give the Half Dragon ten gold coins "Now can you please tell me your name?" He then gave Danil Cayden the wine goblet, the Half Dragon had given him "Here your are" he said quickly.

6. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

https://www.writingforums.org/showthread.php?p=817114#post817114 - discussion thread

/* PastPresentNFuture, you need to be careful controlling other peoples characters and having your character know stuff he hasn't been told. */

7. AveryWhite

AveryWhite Active Member

The crowded room was buzzing with a hive of activity and discussion. Blueberry watched with ease at the back of the hall, her large powerful wings folded behind her back.
    She turned to the gentlemen beside her, an old grizzled man with a shaggy grey beard.
    “Excuse me...do you know where I might find Mr. Ezric Storm?”
    He grunted, without acknowledging her, and pointed toward a stern but handsome looking nobleman sat in the throng of chairs scattered around the room.
    Blueberry nodded her thanks and dodged her way through the crowds. As she reached him, she saw two other men on either side of him in rather an uptight conversation. As she was about to speak, she saw the taller one of the half-breeds – half dragon as was she - tip a vile of liquid contents into a goblet, and then suddenly stood and stalked off, looking rather aggravated. Ezric soon followed him, along with the young boy by his side.
    She frowned and went after them, waiting for her chance to speak. They had now joined the dragonman and another who seemed to also be half dragon, covered in dark clothing as if he wished to hide himself from the world.
    “Mr. Ezric Storm?” She addressed the blond headed half-vampire. They all turned to look at her, surprised to hear her voice between there discussion.
    “I’m Blueberry Gold. I hear you are in need of some assistance. I think I may be of some help to you.”

8. PastPresentNFuture

Ezric looked down to see a young woman who was only an inch taller than his shoulder. She was the most beautiful woman Ezric had ever seen. She had long while hair down to her waist, a short silk dress, and cobalt blue eyes and lips. Ezric did not think women this beautiful actually existed, let alone were seen in this wretched city. However he remembered he must keep his noble prescence.

"Blueberry" he said "I am Lord Ezric Storm remember that in the future. And yes I do need help, although not in battle, nothing breaks my heart more than to see a woman physically hurt. It seems like I have found worthy lieutenants in all of you. Now witness my discovery, something that was hidden from the world for four hundred years. He opened his case to reveal the contents. The box brimmed with a sooty black material, that seemed made of charcoal.

"This is Black Powder" he said "The future of weaponry, the future of our freedom."

9. AveryWhite

AveryWhite Active Member

Blueberry smiled, amused. ‘If your title is important to you Ezric, then I will call you by it if you wish…my lord.’ She said wryly, smiling again. “As to me not fighting, Lord Ezric, I think you may change your mind when you see me in the heat of battle.” And with that she sat on the chair closest to her; suddenly seeming to forget the others, and this somehow amazing new discovery, and calmly waited for the meeting to begin. She believed no object could win over any fight unless it was a sword, bow and arrow or weapon of some kind and indeed the strength of the person's mind, body and spirit.
    Then as if something had jolted her memory she looked up to them all from her seated position.
    “By the way, I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Nodding to the goblet in Ezric’s hand, and thinking he might drink it. “That dragonman - he pored some concoction into it, and indeed I am curious as to why?” She turned to rest her gaze on his hulking great figure.

10. PastPresentNFuture

"I see, I angered the Giant Half Dragon, so he tried to cause me pain" said Ezric "It matters not. Now about my discovery. What if I could tell you that Black Powder could give birth to weapons that could render bows and arrows useless , of weapons that might even be able to penetrate any armour. The Alchemist thought of one The Arquebus. This superweapon was to be fired by loading metal pellets into a muzzle, loading the powder to a certain area, and and when you fired it, a deadly pellet came from a firing area, and that pellet could penetrate solid steep plate. Easier to use than a bow, and far deadlier indeed. And that is also why I inisist you do not fight. There is no need for a woman's blood to be shed when I have discovered something that could make us gods."

11. berky

berky New Member

/* Time line wise, jsut assume This all happened BEFORE blueberry showed up, that way im off talking to vampy_fan somewhere else but I know you tried to bribe me, and you know my name */
    Drake looked at the gold stretched before him and raised an eyebrow then looked at the man in front of him and chuckled. "My name is Drake sir... and...I'm not a whore" He grinned revealing two rows of shiny seraded teeth , he lightly pushed the gold back toward Ezric's coat. "I was...RAISED better." He then turned toward Dani, disappointed with the potential out come of the trick "I ummm...wouldn't drink that Sir... Wines terrible here. Probably made by some commoner with poor taste." He then walked off, eager to talk with someone else.

12. Clumsywordsmith

Clumsywordsmith Active Member

Meanwhile, a rather unremarkable looking figure sat a little ways off, seemingly well-planted and having claimed his seat much earlier. His garb was plain, a simple grey cloak with hood pulled well back all that was visible at the time, though the various unnatural humps and bulges beneath the drape of the cloth might have hinted at a bit more than the usual civilian attire. A thick mane of rather curly dark hair -- seeming almost an entity in and of itself, so obviously was it left to its own devices -- went tumbling down the back of his neck to vanish somewhere between shoulders and the hood of his cloak; his face was equally unremarkable, at least in comparison to the constant ebb and flow of rather fantastical creatures that constantly swarmed about on all sides -- it seemed the sculptor’s goal might have been features finely sculpted, and yet his work had apparently met with a bit of a crisis, constantly forced to reassess and narrow the scheme of his craft as flaws were developed in the stone even as he chipped away, the final result looking almost feral in appearance. A rather noticeable scar raking its way through his right eyebrow and becoming lost somewhere between cheek and the side of his nose did not serve to soften the harshness.

He was, by all accounts, a bit bored; one arm rested lazily upon the back of his chair, his booted feet stretched out and crossed upon the floor before him, head tilted back and to the side a bit -- almost as if he were dozing off, though both eyes remained open. And indeed, it was only his eyes which showed much sign of life, flitting restlessly here and there, shifting from point to point amongst the crowd of milling halfbreeds -- some seated quietly, some shifting about from place to place, still dozens of others seeming half crushed against the surroundings walls. Lingerers, almost, as though they were mostly uncertain as to what had brought them there in the first place, and just as uncertain as to what was keeping them there. Nothing, perhaps, if not for the solid wall at their back and the crush of so many bodies making backward progress nigh on impossible.

He heaved what might seem a sigh to anyone happening to watch, though by appearances it was more of a shrug than anything else, not so much as the slightest sound audible. He was himself beginning to wonder just why, again, he had come here, and whether he would have been perhaps better off keeping well clear of the place as his first reaction to the news had been.

Or had been for quite some time, though the animated speaking and rather noticeable presence of a noble a few chairs off did manage to pique his interest; he actually shifted his head a bit so as to gain a better view, before falling entirely still once again, his eyes simply moving from one face to the next. Whether he heard anything spoken above all the clamour and din between he and the others seemed a bit doubtful, yet his rather marked attentiveness spoke otherwise.

Still, he made no motion. Seeming content, for the moment, to eavesdrop.

13. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Atel followed the noble as he approached the two half-dragons, he seemed interesting enough for the time being. He stood listening to them banter, the noble offering coins when everything went grey. Time seemed to crawl to a stand still, people freezing mid action.

None of this scared Atel; he was used to it. Shadows started swirling before him as a deep voice boomed out.

"Hello Atel"

"What do you want Agares?

"Nothing. I'm just telling you theres another demon here, you might not of spotted him but I did."

"Where?" Atel asked spinning round. The shadows gathered over a man apparently dozing.

"Here. He's not as old as me but I'm unsure how powerful he is, keep an eye on him another demon may be useful."

"Ok I will, now can you go." The shadows faded away as time resumed its normal progress.

14. AveryWhite

AveryWhite Active Member

Blueberry ignored Ezric and his assertions with calm indifference; she knew they would not readily agree on this and Ezric being the arrogant, self-assured half-vampire he was, it would be better to remain silent. She would prove him wrong in the end. Her feminine physic may look small and week, but inside her existed a mighty dragon.
    Inwardly however, she hoped one day he might improve; she hid a smile imagining how unlikely that was.
    She did not dislike him, she always felt loving kindness to everyone she met - she just liked to tease him. His character was so stern and structured compared to her loving free nature, and she always preferred to see the lighter side of life; and indeed people.
    Instead she rested her gaze upon the other half-breeds surrounding him. They were a motley crew, and instantly she decided she liked them all.
    Though she still did not understand the actions of the half-dragon and his vile - surely it had not been poison; but indeed what surprised her even more was Ezric’s nonchalance about the whole affair. Perhaps he was used to people slipping nondescript liquids into his drink. It did not surprise her, especially if he irritated and angered as many people as she thought he did.
    They all seemed to have there own problems and some deep pain of some kind, and maybe, just maybe, she could find a way to help them.
    After all she liked to do good in the world, and here was a perfect opportunity, as well as the reason why she was here. But for now she left it at that, she would not force her help upon anyone; certainly one who did not wish for it. “Please,” She asked kindly, with an open friendly smile. “Tell me all your names…we have not been introduced and if we are to work together we must get to know one another. Lord Ezric here is being so rude.” She giggled inwardly.

15. PastPresentNFuture

Ezric felt something different inside, but he could not tell what. He felt no anger towards Blueberry, not a bit. In fact he even felt the slightest touch of... guilt. Surely this could not have been love. She was likely only a year or two above twenty, far to young for his tastes, or was it? He had courtships with women who were physically ten years his junior, less than a tenth of an age in truth, but he never felt too much affection towards them, which was why he had not married yet. But none of them possessed even half the beauty of this half angel.

No I don't love her I am through with younger women

"Pardon my rudness" he said nonetheless "Allow me to introduce the members of our group. The very tall half dragon is named Drake. The smaller dark clothed half dragon is named Danil, I believe you have heard of him, a fair amount of people have. And the half angel is named Atel." He then told his new allies "Friends I present to you, Lady Blueberry Gold."

16. berky

berky New Member

Though, unhappy to be back in the company of the Nobles, the addition of a radiant woman filled Drake with a slight sense of ease. His clansmen had warned him of angles and there territorial invasion of the skies, often telling him takes of there manipulative nature. Drake was often inclined...not to listen.

Drake stepped forward smiled warmly and bowed with respect, as his mother had taught him.
    "Hello Miss Gold!"
    He then extended a hand in friendship.
    "Happy to see another winged person tonight!"

17. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

Dany snorted and ran his scarred hand through his black hair "So formal Lord Ezric. Call me Danny." He said to Blueberry. 70 years ago, he had rested in a meadow. The warmth of the sun on his skin, the smell of the grass, the taste of blueberries... " I won't serve you anymore! I can make my own decisions!" A little boy who thought he was a man grown. He couldn't think about that again. He stared down at his blackened hands. The others were staring at him. He hoped they couldn't see the pain on his face.

18. AveryWhite

AveryWhite Active Member

There was no mistaking it; Blueberry was genuinely surprised by Ezrics apology, and indeed gentlemanly behaviour. She knew deep inside he was a civil good person, all along she had, but she never thought he would actually show it. She smiled up at him. “Thank you Lord Ezric, for that most generous introduction.” She could not help herself in one more tease.
    She then turned to Drake and accepted his hand, returning his warm smile.
    “Hello, how do you do.” She said politely. “Indeed it is an honour. Of what clan do you ascend? For myself and my elders back home, we are of the Moonbeam Clan.”

19. AveryWhite

AveryWhite Active Member

She nodded her head to him. "Danny, please to meat you. Another half dragon and angel i see! I believe we shall get along famously." She bestowed another warm smile. But inside she acknowledged that his scars ran very deep.

20. AveryWhite

AveryWhite Active Member

Suddenly an arrow came from no where, almost hitting her wing but not before she caught it tightly in her hand with lightening quick reflexes, from her years of warrior training.
    She looked up at the rafters and saw a hooded figure perched on the wooden beams, aiming another arrow in her direction. Suddenly arrows flew from every angle as she saw more and more hooded figures take command of the rafters, and tried to hit almost everyone in the room. The hall erupted in shouts and cries as everyone either ran to escape the onslaught or tried to defend themselves.
    “Lord Ezric…” she announced, glancing at him “perhaps now I can demonstrate my abilities, so that you will no longer fear for my safety as a woman.”
    She unfurled her wings slightly, with a smile, then turned to the attackers with a calm but determined face. She flew up high into the arched roof of the political hall; her wings spreading far around her, and attacked the perpetrators head on, drawing from her mouth into her palms the cobalt blue dragonflame and hurled fireball after fireball at them, as the arrows bounced mercilessly off her inpenetrable wings.

21. PastPresentNFuture

Drawing his two silvered swords, Ezric used his superhuman speed to get to the bowmen running at twice the speed of an everyman. He was a master swordsman himself, and deflected the arrows aimed at him. He slashed one bowman and another, and then a third one that attacked Blueberry. However he wondered how, the assasins could get in, there were sixty guards stationed outside, twenty being his own retinue.

"I am most impressed, however my opinion that a woman should never enter battle remains. Combat is man's territory and man's territory alone. He slayed two more bowman. He would do everything he could to make sure Blueberry was not even scratched. However he realized how bad the situation was, there were tens of bowmen, perhaps even a hundred, perhaps even more than that.

Punch a bow caught him in the thigh, one that could have crippled a regular man utterly, and render him unable to walk. Ezric hissed in pain, but pulled the arrow out. Despite his leather thick vampire skin, the penetration in his leg would leave him limping for a good long time. Using his skill, Ezric defeated another bowman, and deflected another arrow. But the limp made his movements sloppy, and it was due time before another arrow, slashed his cheek. Two inches to the left and he would have died.

His movements were hampered yet again and in no time at all, another arrow, struck him in the back, making him feel like a hard rod smashed it.

Getting tired Ezric yelled "Blueberry please run! I will repeat myself once more, women were not meant to battle."

22. berky

berky New Member

While Ezric distracted the attackers with his testosterone fueled display, Drake assessed the raptors, grabbing the nearest black coat he could find and throwing the person inside to the floor below.

"ARE YOU DAFT MAN!" He shouted, bashing another archers skull to the ground. "She's a magnificent warrior!"

He reached into his coat and grabbed a red vile, launching it the direction of a volley of arrows. It collided with the sharpened objects and burst into a sheet of smoke. He then crept toward Ezric "you my lordship...are a different story". He reached to his belt, and pulled another bottle, which he then uncorked, applying the contents to the mans wounds.

He smiled manically, let out a fierce roar and lept again to the raptors, the sounds of screams and cracking bones following.

23. berky

berky New Member

The smell of burnt wood filled the hallway. the air grew smokey and red light consumed the walls. "THE HALL IS ON FIRE!" a voice belonging to one of the waiters cried out "FLEE TO THE OUTDOORS QUICKLY!".

24. AveryWhite

AveryWhite Active Member

Arrows flew from every angle and she had to use all her flying skills to dodge them. Her wings protected her small body but if these arrows continued on so relentlessly she knew she would probably be hit soon.
    She heard nothing but screams, she thought she had heard her name but she was too focused on the job. She looked down and saw Ezric and Drake in hard battle below her, Ezric looked hurt but Drake had his back. She flew higher into the rafters where the bowmen were harder to reach for those who couldn’t fly. There were atleast five of them and she prepared for attack.
    Then she heard the cries of the waitress. "THE HALL IS ON FIRE!"
    "Oops." Blueberry said stopping mid throw, her cobalt blue fireball glowing in her hand.
    That was the problem when you were restricted inside a wooden building...for a firebreathing dragon.

25. berky

berky New Member

Drake moved like a mad man, enjoying every cut as an opportunity to feel at one with his primal nature. as he pounced upon another foe, the cries of the waitress echoed into his ear. He sniffed the fumes in the air and listened to the distressed cries of everyone in the room.

He looked up, and saw BlueBerry, gleefully flailing around the raptors. "OY, MRS GOLD!! I LOVE THE ENTHUSIASM! BUT WE CAN KILL ALL THE BASTARDS WE WANT AFTER WE GET EVERYONE OUT OF THE BURNING BUILDING!" He then ran until he found Ezric "ey, ya leg feelin better yet?!" The heat of the room quickly rising.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.