6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Do I really need to vote

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. theoriginalmonsterman

theoriginalmonsterman Pickle Contributor

I'm a Pickle

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by theoriginalmonsterman, Dec 4, 2014.

(Ignoring the stupid inside joke I have about pickles) I'm an aspiring young writer who's trying to gain some knowledge to become a much stronger writer. The problem about me though is I have a ton of ideas for stories, but whenever I start a story I tend to trail off and many of my stories are never get finished. Right now I already have a ton of great ideas for horror and adventure stories (and one comical story), so really I'm here looking for a place where I can get constructive feedback on my work. If you're interested in hearing any of my ideas just ask and I'll give a brief explanation of the stories I want to work on.

2. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

3. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Your thread title lured me here. Well I can already see an asset of yours - humour :D Just please make sure you inject a good dose of that in your writing! I'd kill to be able to write proper humour, but alas, I'm only good at dark stuff...

daemon and theoriginalmonsterman like this.
  4. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

@Wreybies - off-topic: but why does voting on the poll mean the poll simply disappears without showing the results, and any attempts at refreshing the thread simply shows me the same poll as if I'd never voted, and then the cycle repeats? This is the second time it's happened to me. Please fix iiiiit? (or is it just me? I use Firefox)

5. theoriginalmonsterman

It's not just you this happens to me too even when I make the poll :S

Mckk likes this.
  6. Okon

Okon Contributor Contributor

Welcome, @theoriginalmonsterman! Honestly, I can't wait until you start a thread asking for help with an ultimatum: "Well, looks like you've gotten yourself into a..."

Be sure to stick around for long enough, and post enough critiques in the Workshop so you can post something of your own there. Have fun!

In on Chrome and this afflicts me too.

Mckk likes this.
  7. Lilly James Haro

Lilly James Haro The Grey Warden

It seems to be effecting regardless of browser, I am using IE and I'm having the same problem

8. theoriginalmonsterman

Thanks for the welcome. I'm already working on a plot for a Christmas story. I'm a bit confused about the critiques though. Are there specific rules posted for them somewhere on the forums?

9. Okon

Okon Contributor Contributor

Look under Workshop Requirements in this workshop rules link. You can find all of the site's rules in the "rules" link at the top of the page:).

From the link I gave:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    theoriginalmonsterman likes this.
  10. daemon

daemon Contributor Contributor

Only a true writer would write "this afflicts me" instead of "this affects me". :p

And welcome to our little corner of the internet, Mr. Pickles (as I shall now call you).

Okon and theoriginalmonsterman like this.
  11. theoriginalmonsterman

Ok thanks again. :)

12. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Well, it would seem the welcoming committee has done a good job here with the giving of links and such. :) As to the poll function being a bit wonky, we've recently upgraded the software and I think the wonkiness is therein sourced. Daniel had previously created a kind of patch concerning how the poll function worked that was created at the request of the contest admins to attempt to address some concerns that were had under their paradigm. Pure supposition on my part, but perhaps that patch needs a revisit now that the upgrade has happened. The poll function my have returned to a default setting or the patch is causing a conflict. Again, pure supposition on my part. My accesses to such behind-the-scenes realms are very limited.

Mckk likes this.