1. Sekken

Sekken New Member

New question about RPG's

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Sekken, Aug 15, 2008.

I love to role play and I'd like to make one, but reading over the forum I don't understand (how to make one) or even if I can make one. Do you have to join one of the already made one's? Cause I was thinking along the line of either vampire pirate ship or New York City mutents....

2. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

How about vampire city mutants? LOL J/K From what I understand you just need to talk to oasiswriter, he's the one in charge of that thread, more or less.

3. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

Honestly, Sekken, I've both played RPG's and I've made them and I would strongly suggest that you play a few of these before trying to make your own. Then you'll understand how they work and what you'll need to do if you expect to run one.

4. Sekken

Sekken New Member

I run and play quit a few rpg's on forums before. I just don't want to make a game if I have to do something else first....And not to be mean, but I looked throw the active games and didn't care to join any. They didn't peek my intrust, and it never a good idea to join something your not intrusted in. But thanks for the thought

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The difference is that this is a writing forum. Therefore the games tend to emphasize strong character development, vivid description, and well-scripted action sequences.

They are more of a directed scene-writing challenge than anything else. And of course, you need to think fast on your feet.

6. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

It's true check out Carnapolis and Pheonix colony. Great char development and writeing going on in those. (I miss pheonix colony it's over with :( )

7. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Don't bring up Phoenix Colony...I'm still experiencing withdrawls LOL. Fortunatly I still get to mess around with the Kiro family line in cyberpunk.

8. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

Fear not...there will be a sequel. :D

9. Raven

Raven Banned

Basically you can post up a game but you have to wait for approval Me. Once approved the game will be ready for play. We have an aproval system because some folk were posting up crud and I mean crud stuff that was well not acceptable on any forum.

Nope that would be me.

I like sequels.
    Wait until you see what I've instore for Cyberpunk 2766AD. ;)