1. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributing Member Contributor

Flank Hawk (my fantasy novel) Released!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TWErvin2, Oct 28, 2009.

Hey WF Folks,

My novel Flank Hawk has been released by Gryphonwood Press.

Available at:
    ***All Bookstores, if not on the shelf then through special order
    ***Online through Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble (the B&N link has been intermittently active)
    ***Ebooks available through Smashwords.com, Amazon Kindle and BarnesAndNoble.com (soon for B&N).

ISBN 13: 978-0-9825087-0-1
    ISBN 10: 0-982-50870-0

Signed copies available. Contact author through ervin-author.com for details.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

Terry

2. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributing Member Contributor

Congratulations!!! Siiigned copy, here I come!

3. Speedy

Speedy Contributing Member Contributor

Well bloody done!

When the misses gets home i'll use her card and grab myself a copy for certain!

To think how excited i am to read someone's work that i know has worked so hard on, i can't even imagne whats runnng through your head at this moment.

4. Rei

Rei Contributing Member Contributor

YAY! I'll go to the nearby bookstore to ask about ordering it.

5. Eddyz Aquila

Eddyz Aquila Member

Wohoo, congratulations Terry!

Next week I'm going to order it and hopefully give you some feedback by the weekend. :)

Otherwise, much respect to you for completing the work and getting it published.

6. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributing Member Contributor

Congratulations, I'll have to pick this up!

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Congratulations, Terry! I look forward to reading it.

8. Dermit

Dermit Member

way to go, Terry :)

9. TWErvin2

First, the Barnes and Noble link appears to have settled itself and has remained available all day. Always wonder about those things. My publisher said it had occurred twice to two other titles they'd released.

Thanks, Hiddennovelist! Got your email and replied. Looking forward to hearing back from you and also getting your opinion after you've had a chance to read it.

Thanks for ordering, Speedy! In answer to your question, well, not a lot different from normal. Contacting bookstores (visited two today after work) and some of my own marketing (my publisher is doing relelease announcments to here and there). But I got to work--and have papers to grade requiring about an hour of my time, and have dishes yet to do after I get off line and turtles to feed, and daughters to help get ready for bed, etc.. It's pretty neat but I no time to bask. I have the sequel to get done. Just means I am busier. But it's a good 'busier' to be sure.

Rei, let me know if you ran into any troubles. The local bookstore (well, local for me) was able to order for their shelves this afternoon. Hope you enjoy the read after it arrives!

Eddyz Aquila, looking forward to your feedback. And thank you for the compliment. I think there are others here that with hard work and follow through could find even greater success than I have achieved thus far.

Lavarian, hope you're able to pick one up and thanks for the congrats!

Cogito, looking forward to hearing what you think. I always look forward to the comments and insight you provide after reading my stories.

Well, those dishes and ungraded papers are a callin' ;)

Terry

10. Cheeno

Cheeno Contributing Member

Good news indeed! I'm going to order it through my local library. They're particularly interested in members' preferences. Hope it goes well for you.

11. DragonGrim

DragonGrim Contributing Member

That is so very cool. I’ll have to go look for it soon

12. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Senior Member Contributor

Congratulations Terry, I look forward to reading it.*goes fishing in piggy bank*

13. garmar69

garmar69 Contributing Member Contributor

I'm so excited for you,Terry! Congratulations.

14. Rei

Went to the bookstore this morning. It's on its way! I can hardly wait.

15. TWErvin2

I found out about this late last night from my publisher and just got home from a booksigning tonight, and figured I'd post it here:

During a Halloween promotional (October 31st only) all of Gryphonwood's titles are available for free at Smashwords.com.

Take a look, see what you might like and give it a try. You'll need the codes to obtain your free ebooks (including my title, Flank Hawk).

Click on over to the Gryphonwood Press Blog to obtain the necessary codes.

Happy reading!

Terry

16. TWErvin2

Cheeno, going to the local libraries to see if they'll carry my novel is on this week's agenda. Hope your library will order it for you and so that it will be aviailable to many others.

DragonGrim, thanks for considering getting a hold of my novel. There's a lot of good stuff out there and only so much time and finances to go around.

Soujiroseta, so far Barnes and Noble online appears to have the best deal, saving the piggy bank. There is the ebook promo my publisher is having (post above).

Garmar69, thanks for the congrats!

Rei, hope you enjoy the read. Don't hesitate to let me know what you think and maybe post reviews on sites like Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

17. Fox Favinger

Fox Favinger Contributing Member

I gotta say congrats! Your success has given me motivation to keep trying, not that I've stopped, more like to push through life's hardships and keep writing since things aren't going to get easier.

I'll have to download the ebook since I'm broke and with car troubles right now lol

18. TWErvin2

FoxZero,

Yes, the only way with writing (and many things in life I guess) is to keep moving forward.

I understand about being short of cash. If you do end up downloading and reading Flank Hawk (or any of the other novels) positive reviews like at Smashwords.com or Amazon.com, or word of mouth telling folks would be appreciated!

Sure, I don't mind making little money as it helps pay the bills (and anybody who gets into writing on the basis that they'll get rich I think is in for disappointment--the lottery might have better odds), but really I write stories hoping that others will get the chance to read and enjoy them.

Remember, the promo is only for one day (the 31st of October).

Terry

19. Rei

I got the free ebook, but it's still on its way from the bookstore. I hate reading on a computer screen.

20. Unit7

Unit7 Contributing Member Contributor

I just finished downloading Flank Hawk through Smashwords. If I had the money to spare, I wouldn't have a problem actually paying for it. But you know.

Anyways Congratulations on getting published!

So whats it feel like? You know, being able to go into a book store and seeing your hard work and love on the shelves. Well atleast be able to order it? :p

21. TWErvin2

Rei,
    I understand. I am not one for ebooks either. I guess the ebook readers are improving and better than a computer screen. The free ebook doesn't include the cover art. I always thought they did.

Unit7, not a problem. I expected folks would download the ebook, especially if funds are an issue. I know that most here would support other members where possible. If you like the novel, someday when you have the cash it can be something you buy for a friend or to reread and put on your shelf.

If you or any of the folks here read the ebook or print edition and enjoy the story, you could always post a review at Smashwords, Barnes and Noble and/or Amazon. Good reviews help to attract readers.

Flank Hawk is on the bookstore shelves in a couple of places (and one can see the rankings go up and down at amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com), and it's kind of neat to walk by the bookshelf and see that one of them that was stocked is 'missing' from the shelf. While earning money to pay the bills is a good thing, a main motivation is to write/tell stories and for others to have the opportunity to read them.

Terry

22. Rei

Yeah, having the cover art is also a good reason to get the real thing.

23. thirdwind

thirdwind Contributing Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I ordered the book, so it should be here in about a week. I'll post a review on Amazon or some other such site after I finish reading it. Once again, congrats on getting it published!

24. TWErvin2

Thanks Thirdwind. Folks here ordering or getting ebook copies encourages me.

And Rei, I agree, the cover art is worth the expendature. It really turned out well.

Terry

25. DragonGrim

DragonGrim Contributing Member

I’m gonna go to the bookstore tomorrow. I hope it’s on the shelf. Is this the cover?

[​IMG]