1. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

flash story game

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Mckk, May 6, 2012.

So, I was itching to write something when I came up with this idea. We can leave each other little ideas for what to write next!

1. You write a short paragraph or short story (keep it to maybe 2-3 paragraphs maximum!) about the sentence, phrase or word left in the post above yours.
    2. When you're done, finish your story with -END- and leave the next poster a word, phrase or sentence.

For example:
    Sentence: It was a dark, warm night.
    Story: I sweated like a pig in my giant ski coat. I had no idea it was gonna be so warm tonight! My friend beside me asked if I wasn't hot, and I shook my head, glad that the darkness hid my red cheeks. To peel off my coat now would make me look even stupider. I'd rather roast like a pig.

Just when I thought it couldn't get much worse, some genius opposite me announced, "We're gonna make a fire!"

Now I'm really gonna roast.
    -END-

For the next poster: It's the end of the world.

Cave Troll likes this.
  2. Houda

Houda New Member

We were advised we only had 24 hours before impact, I only had one thing left living for. "Hey Laura, have you heard?" "Yeah who hasn't" she smiled, her smile always got me my knees buckled as I fell to the ground. "Alex are you ok?" I lay there unmoving unable to accept that she would be forced into doing such a thing. "Alex!" "I'm ok" I said, it was now or never "Laura I suppose this will be the last chance I get to tell you this but" "I love you Alex" she whispered as she pushed aside a strand of my hair I couldn't believe what I heard, it couldn't be true. I sat there tears swelling, everyone was staring at me but I didn't care she loved me!. "I've loved you all along Alex but I knew you would never feel the same, but since they have arrived I no longer have a heart you can break". She thought I didn't love her!!, I was overwhelmed with sadness we've loved each other all along and only now when so little time remains. I ran my finger along her cheek "I love you Laura, I always have". That was the first time I had ever kissed a girl.
    -END-

120 Seconds before the End.

3. AWR

AWR New Member

"120 seconds before the end"

Well, the countdown had started. Big red letters and everything on the TV until finally the signal had given out. Doesn't matter though, the countdown is continuing in my head. What should I do before the bombs started whistling their final approach? Anything really worthwhile would take time. No time to finish that book I always wanted to write. Dinner may as well stay where it is - my appetite has sort of gone anyway.We've only got, what? 120 seconds or so? Ahhh ...
    "Honey?" I call to my husband (who is in the kitchen trying to finish the last of the beer), "Are you busy?"
    -END-

Next: A strange dinner

4. kingzilla

kingzilla Member

A strange dinner that was, good sir. We had party hats, whistles, and drinks of all kind, but where was the food? It was two hours in when a skinny chap stood up and bellowed, "Where is the pork! Where is the meat! MY BELLY RUMBLES, what is there to eat?"
    John Hurtly, my cousin in law, was hosting this odd party - MCing and all. I asked him to make this the most finest party ever. "And if you do not, its your head I shall sever."
    He grinned and laughed, "No worries my good friend! I will make sure this party is last one you see."
    So later on, I looked at ole Johnny and gave him a frown, "You made a promise, you go on and and keep it."
    He raised his brow and told me look table.
    He then slit my throat and said, "Your story wil be a fable."

Next: A shiver went down his spine

5. YugiohPro01

YugiohPro01 New Member

It was a cold december morning and I did not know where to go. I was utterly mumbling worthless words while locked in a dense prison cell. This had been the first time I had felt useless in my entire life. I did not know how I got here or how I was going to get out. All I could see around me were gray walls and a small opening on the ground for food. But it did not matter. After what I had done the past 24 hours, what sorrow I had caused, I refused to even touch the food they handed me. I didn't want food anymore. I didn't want happiness anymore. I just wanted to die. And then I heard a loud, tumbling noise. Guards were running around yelling something I could not understand. It all sent incredible fright throughout my body, I could feel the shivers going down my spine. Then, finally I heard one of the guard's words. I could not believe it. I retreated to my corner and began to cry. I could not believe his words. "The Prison has been breached".

-END-

Next: A strange man was at the door.

6. Houda

Houda New Member

A strange man was at the door.

Alice jumped up from the couch when she heard a knock on the door. It was the first time she had ever stayed home alone and her mum said she wouldn't be back for a few hours, she contemplated this as she made her way to the door. "Hello Alice" the sides of the man's mouth raising into a grin "Is your mummy home?" "n-no..she won't be back for a few hours" she replied. The man began to shake "Good". The door flew open from the force of the man's kick, Alice screamed and ran upstairs.
    Three Hours Later...
    "Alice i'm home, i bought donuts" Mary walked into the living room surprised to see the tv on but no Alice. "Alice?" Mary made her way to the kitchen, she placed the groceries down on the counter. Something feels out of place she thought, one of her knives from the block was missing. Suddenly she was overcome with fear "Alice!" she ran up stairs, one of the doors down the hallway was left ajar emanating a faint glow. She ran over to the door and pushed it open, brightness overwhelmed her a bright glowing white light. As Mary's eyes readjusted she could make out a shadow slumped in the corner. Alice. She lay curled in the corner knife in hand engrossed with blood a dark shadow crossing her face. "Alice what happened? are you hurt? what happened? why do you have a knife? whose blood is that? the questions tormented from Mary. Alice looked up at her mother or at lease she tried to, where her eyeballs use to once be lay empty sockets light emanating from them.
    -END-

A leather journal is left behind.

7. Radrook

Radrook Banned Contributor

All she left was her leather journal with her personal experiences scribbled down on the velvet-colored pages. The rest she carried off like some frenetic hurricane leaving behind a devastation that included my soul.
    She had often told me :

"Bill, you never know what you have until you lose it!"

I'd respond with a chuckle of contempt and a sneer of disbelief. At such moments she'd remain silent and I would count it a victory, spit out orders and wave my hairy fist in her face. She in turn would sit silently at her small mahogany desk-frail pale hand fluttering the pen across the pages like a wounded butterfly about to falter and fall.

"I mean it Bill!" she'd say each night before our wordless sex made all other things irrelevant and buttressed my confidence in the permanence of her stay.

But now all that 's left is the brown journal with her last words written in red ink:

“I told you so!”

-END-

Next: The night is crying

8. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

"The Night is crying." That's what my mom told me as a girl when I asked why it rained.
    "Why does the night cry?" I would ask.
    "Because people hurt eachother all the time, when instead they could be helping and carring for one another."

My mother often said things like that to me. She was always reminding of how our world was full of sorrow and greed. She was the main reason I decided to start fighting crime. To protect the helpless. To bring justice to the innocent victims. To become, a superhero.

-END-

An acorn fell from the sky with a note attached.

9. Afion

Afion New Member

There's an oak tree in the sky, right above our village. It just apeared one day, and we got used to living in its shadow, its roots seeming to catch the clouds.
    Around autumn, the acorns began falling, making small dents in our thatched roofs. We didn't mind too much untill we found the note. Curled around one of the acorns, it seemed to be written in blood. Get out, it said, while you still can. The village elders dissmised the note as nonsense and we stayed. Maybe it's my imagination, but the roots of the tree seem to be getting closer....
    -END-

An attack by a sea serpent

10. Britannica

Britannica New Member

Many old sailors speak of sea serpents way out at sea. They tell tales of monsters coming up from the deep to drag ships and the unlucky souls upon them down to their watery graves. I didn't believe the tales were
    true...until today.
    I stood on the deck of the ship staring down into the dark waters of the north Atlantic. It was then that I noticed an unusual shadow moving beneath the water. As I leaned forward to get a closer look; I saw massive elongated head
    with a pair of huge unblinking eyes rising up out of the water towards me. It's great scaly coils churned the water, making it look like it was boiling. It was then that I feared an attack by a sea serpent...

-END-

Why do mosquitoes exist

11. Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea Member

In times of old, when the immortal gods from high Olympus oft descended and mignled with mortals, Zeus, aegis weilder, the mighty all-father, fell in love with a cow. Now, that was most embarassing for Zeus, who had already courted many splendid women from many kingdoms -- far from the prying eyes of his jelous wife, Hera, who was tied to her throne by Zeus' command. But his lust spoke higher than his reason, and so, he turned himself into a magnificent white bull, as he had done once before, when he courted lovely Europa who had a weakness for four-legged beasts. He then proceded to court the animal, prancing about, showing off his masculinity. The bovine maid, however, repelled his advances, for she was more interested in chewing the ever green herb of the field, Demeter's gift to all ruminant creatures. Maddened by the cow's stupidity, Zeus sent a plague upon the bovine race: "I am Zeus all-father! From this day on a tiny insect shall be thy misery, and thou wilst not be able to repell it. A hundred times shalt thou swing thy tail, and a hundred times shalt thy backside be stung. I have spoken!". And so, from this day forth, mosquitoes exist, preying upon all ruminants and animals of the field. Later on, Zeus send mosquitoes to plague mankind as well, for they were becoming unmanageable. And so it was ever since.

-- THE END

How my hamburger tried to kill me.

12. thatguy

thatguy Member

How my hamburger tried to kill me.

I was two days deep in a bath salt binge when the vibrations started. A high pitched frequency rattled the foundations of my reality and I quickly stood and paced back and forth between the rotting old coffee table and couch that belonged to some unknown host. I started to sweat and itch and the terrible realisation dawned upon me that my clothes were trying to strangle the life out of me like some despicable constricting snake with black buttons for eyes and zippers for teeth. I ripped the beast off of me and threw it to the floor and stamped the life out of it with my bare feet.
    Suddenly I was tackled to the ground from behind and I screamed in alarmed and grappled with my opponent and managed to mount him. A cold chill shot through my veins at the sight of my attacker, a savage demon gone mad for my blood. His features were as terrifying as they were indescribable and my mind reeled with panic as it tried to register the signals my eyes sent to it.
    The creature must have realised it’s position, for it’s body calmed, and the evil magic projecting it’s features gave in to my will and let me see it’s face for what it really was: a delicious, double stacked hamburger, still sizzling in some places and dripping with juices…

-END-

The evolution of dogs.

13. DomTheDoxx

DomTheDoxx New Member

The evolution of dogs.

Dogs. Mans best friend. What a splendid show they had put on. Spike, the dog of destiny yuk yuked to himself as he inspected his new body. Playing as the humans best companions had finally paid off. Some strange man had decided to experiment with his dog, changing genome patterns and altering DNA. A year passed until you saw the striking figure before the room. Spike, the genius dog who had the agility of a moutain lion, and the intellect of Descartes or Sir Einstein. He stood before the room, standing upright as the audience gawked at him. He tapped the microphone.
    "Here, here." He rose a wine glass to his hyper sensitive nose and took a long whiff, "I bet you are all wondering why i'm dressed in a tuxedo... well." he smiled, revealing a row of razor-sharp canines. "I was told to look sharp"
    The room burst into laughter, and Spike joined along with them. Spikes laughing ceased as he heard the all-too-familiar sound of a gun loading. A sniper perhaps. Spike's ears flicked to the south wall, and he opened his eyes to see another dog with a sniper, hiding behind a glass with his weapon pointed directly at him. 'Twas time to act.

-End-

Next: Epic Dog fight

14. SuttonMichael254

SuttonMichael254 Active Member

Karma and the huge Neapolitan mastiff circled each other baring their teeth. Karma’s white coat glistened in the moonlight as her growl slowly became louder. It had been almost a year since the two had seen each other and Karma’s brother had been slain by this beast of a dog. Although scared and out massed Karma would not back down. It is in the great pyrenees DNA to take down bears, so why be scared of something so small.

The beast made his move and went for Karma’s throat missing by fractions of an inch. Karma swiftly slide to the side and sunk her mighty jaws into the loose skin around the dog’s neck, quickly snapping her head from side to side. Her opponent rose up on his hind legs bringing Karma up in the air and slammed her down on the rocky floor of the canyon. Underneath the giants belly Karma violently began kicking all four legs at the beats underbelly clawing hunks of flesh away from his mighty body.

The beast backed up and tried to regain his composure when Karma saw her chance. She flew forward and snapped her jaws around the top of her opponent’s head immediately crushing both of his eyes. The huge dog wailed in pain and started blindly swiping his massive paws in the air in hopes of landing a blow. With each blind swing Karma took the opening and snapped at the dog’s throat pushing him further and further back. He stood on his back legs and let out a deifying growl in hopes of intimidating Karma, but to no success. While still raised in the air, Karma landed her front paws at the beast’s chest pushing him that extra three inches back over the side of the cliff where he tumbled down over jagged rocks and brush landing at the bottom motionless and dead.

Karma stood at the top of the cliff and let out a victorious howl at the moon. She had finally avenged her brother.
    -END-

The ransom note

15. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    After waking up from being knocked out cold, there was a note pinned to Monica's shirt. Not wasting any time, she tore it from the pin in a panicked state. A feeling in her gut told her this was not a good note that she tore from her chest. Upon opening it she found scrawled in messy handwriting with a purple ink:

We have something of yours. If you wish to have it back, then it will cost $50 grand in cash no later than midnight tonight. You will find the location programmed into your phone. Once you have arrived at this location you be met by one of our associates, who will be wearing a black mask and long coat. If you show up without payment, then you will be collected by said associate. What happens after that is out of our control, so you best bring the money. Do not attempt to involve the authorities, they will be of little to no use to you in this matter. Thank you for your time, and we trust you will do the right thing. :)

"Oh my god", Monica gasped with a hand up to her lips, her eyes darting about the immediate vicinity looking for something that is missing. Sitting up on the couch, she placed the note on the coffee table and started to think and calm down. Tapping her phone to check the time, the screen said it was 9 pm. The panic set back in, with only three hours until the payment was due to the mysterious organization. In the fog of panic, Monica was confused as to what they had taken as the note was vague. They took my baby! This thought terrified her, and she tore through the house to the child's room. Bursting through the door, she rushed to the crib where the infant lay to find the child fast asleep. A moment of levity in finding her child safe and sound, Monica let out a small sigh of relief. Leaving the room she thought some more as she left the room. What would a bunch of wackos want to take from me? I am not rich, and I sure as hell don't have the money to get back whatever they took. Her mind fishing the deep recesses of her mind, Monica felt the distress build with each passing moment. With no clue as to what they had taken from her, she just had to find out what it was. With or without the money, it must be something important that much she did know. Wandering to her bedroom, Monica found the small pistol her father had given her for protection. Loading the magazine into it, she tucked it in the back of her waistband and put on a sweatshirt. She was going to find out what they had.

After getting her neighbor to watch her house and baby, Monica was heading to the location where the exchange was meant to take place. Fear and curiosity fueled her to get the answer burning in her mind, as she sped downtown at the late hour of the night. Parking her car, she fed the meter and headed into the park. The hair on the nape of her neck on end and a cold chill up her spine, as she ventured into the heart of the small forest inside the city. Her only company was the sound of her sneakers as she walked down the narrow paved pathways in the sparsely lit park. Finding the spot that her phone had been programmed in, Monica swept the area around her cautiously. Her wide eyes search every shadow surrounding the bench next to the odd looking bronze statue of a man. She jumped at first seeing it, but then remembered that it had always been there when she brought her child out on walks when the weather was nice. Monica checked her phone that told her it was midnight on the dot, and yet there wasn't a soul around that she could find. She began to think this was all some elaborate prank, and that she had been set up to be made to look the fool. And yet she still felt as though out there in the darkness there were eyes upon her, though she did not know for sure. Then from the shadows stepped a tall hooded figure in front of her, and she went for her pistol. "I wouldn't do that if I were you", the tall dark figure said in a deep and dark voice that rumbled through her body like thunder. She eased her hand back around her torso. "What did you take from me?" She pleaded with the figure. He advanced and came to a halt six feet from where she stood in the yellow glow of the lamppost. "Well my dear, that is not important any more. You thave failed in bringing what was asked of you, but that doesn't concern me." The voice rumbled with a happy tone in creepy fashion he continued. " You will be my payment for your failure, and your flesh will delight me in ways you cannot yet imagine. Not even in your worst nightmares could you begin to appreciate what I mean." Her lip quivering as the tall cloaked figure crept towards Monica, and a tear slowly streaming down her cheek. She found her self unable to move, and came to realize that she was being firmly apprehended by many small hooded figures. The looked exactly like the large one, and she could not tell what they were. Monica sobbed as the many tiny cloaked figures restrained her with impossible strength, and began carrying her face up off into the darkness. She knew only that she would not be there to raise and watch her child grow up. This realization broke Monica's heart, and she balled as she was carried away to the horrors that awaited her when they arrived wherever the tall hooded figure had in mind. "Oh, don't waste your tears my dear. It will only soil the flesh, until I consume your soul."
    -End-

Next: Dissection