1. motormouth

motormouth Member

strangest writing stories

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by motormouth, Jan 10, 2011.

What are the strangest things that happened to you when you were writing or forming any of your stories,plays novels etc?

Here's mine- I once created a play about a group of college students doing a project on the meaning of Christmas- they were- a rich girl, a jock, a nerd and a regular girl. I completed the 1st draft of the script and showed it to my friend for her opinion. She liked the but she pointed out that the regular girl was too flat- (she basically was the rich girls friend and while she helped carry on the plot , had no character) After re reading it i realised that she really was too bland, and eventually decided to make her an antisocial goth with a HUGE chip on her shoulder after doing that i ended up editing the whole script because i noticed that by changing her i reaped a gold mine of character and plot points. Eventually-

the rich girl and goth formed a love- hate relationship ( goth hated the rich girl being around her, but the rich girl seemed not to notice)

the nerd was afraid of the goth

The jock made the goth the but of all his insults and jokes. He also could not understand why the rich girl (who he was interested in) could hang with her. He also had a siliquoy expressing this

Eventually at the end we leared the goth had a hard life ( no parents, family mistreated her, attempted suicide) and she made a radical change because she accepted Jesus as her Saviour
    What was amazing that by changing one character the WHOLE production got almost totally overhauled, we got better character relationships and a better set of character development in the play.

Whats yours?

2. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

All my stories are strange lol Top two are probably:

Sherlock Foam the fire extinguisher and his sidekick Dr Watt the bankers lamp, residing in the back room of a hardware store called knobs and knockers.

Raven Tane turns into a sparrow, has an 'incident' with a prostitute sparrow named Maggie May and they have a baby.

3. motormouth

motormouth Member

let me explain- i mean strangest stuff that happened in the writing process not in the actual plot of the story.

4. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

ahh OK, not sure strange stuff really happens whilst writing my stories. My characters provide a certain amount of fun refusing to do things I ask. Had devil of a time convincing one to learn to sew.

Oh I know I wrote a story about blowing up New York when a spaceship rammed into the Twin Towers I wrote a month before 9/11.

It had been intended as a short story highlighting the issues with archaeology when people say ooh it wasn't found so it can't be there.

5. motormouth

motormouth Member

i actually heard of stuff like that hapeneing such as WonderWoman, whos a princess named Diana getting killed in a comic, a short time later Princess Diana died too

6. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

I would have liked if the jock felt secretly attracted to the goth and didnt know what was happening to him, haha. ;)

I wonder if there is anyone here that have ever written a story only to find out before sending it to a publisher (or while waiting for them to accept) that someone have already published their version of the same story/ finding out the story has already become a movie just recently?

7. motormouth

motormouth Member

actually in an unsued scene, he hit on the goth at the end when she became "normal" Needless to say it didnt go well.