For the King--Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Darkthought, Jun 18, 2008.

1. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

.....oh...... :D

2. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    Why not use something that's different in mythology there are the nekomata and the spriggan there are tones of different fantasy creatures that fantasy writers haven't even touched on yet

3. Klee

Klee New Member

I think it's because they come from a different culture, or because they didn't it won't be as attractive to reader, maybe because it would be hard to explain their origin, methinks.

But, I support that idea. We could make our own bestiary and name a some creatures we could meet on the way. I think a map might also be necessary, no?

4. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

hmmm....maybe an ancient creature since we're dealing with a darkness of some sort

5. Klee

Klee New Member

No, I mean, creatures along the way, not just the final boss, I think Darkthought might have something planned for that, don't you think?

6. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

Oh, well I was thinking minion-wise or minor evil creatures but in the case of along the way Darky would have to figure out what bests suits the environment of his world so a map like you said before would probably help. A bestiary sounds good too and I'll make the first suggestion: Faeries/Fairies. Not the cute little butterfly people that sprinkle pixie dust when they fly, but maybe like a spirit of some sort that appears like a fuliginous, smoky apparition within the woods or something.

I'm sure he has something cool up his sleeves.

7. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Easy if you looked up nekomata you'd find they are cat demons also capable of human form. Why not mix it up a little and say they are cursed enchanters and what not I'm sure I could find a site that gives a discirption of them

8. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Like the wisp o will?

9. Fitz

Fitz New Member

Greek mythology offers a few marvellous monsters... hydras are always cool, but there are also a few less obvious creatures to choose from.
    Anyway, I don't care much about which big beasties we'll be seeing - I'm easily satisfied.

What I'm actually posting about is the idea of a map Klee mentioned a few posts back. I totally LOVE maps:D so I really hope someone (Darkthought) would be so kind as to make one ;D

10. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

Well I think to the city we'd have the standard orc-esqu, green skinned, pointy eared monster, and they'd have a big gray skinned ogre all chained up along the way, but aside from that . . . maybe giants? Or a cyclops? Just heading the way of mythology here. As far as the city itself, seeing as it has long been dead, logically I think there should be some undead walking around, or ghosts since all the violent deaths, maybe since they were warriors we have Enhrinjar, (I think its spelled right) the spirits of warriors returned to the earth walking around in their old suits of armor, again mythology. Just tossing ideas around.

11. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Fair enough, now my next problem is what to post next...

12. Time_Froze

Time_Froze New Member

I agree with Klee and Fitz, a map would make the RPG a lot better. It would also make it seem a lot more realistic. Like Fitz, I also love maps.

13. Salinye

Salinye New Member

Hi all!

I just wanted to give you an FYI, I haven't put a post up having Senora leave yet because in my last post I had her ask the king a question, so it wouldn't make sense for me to just have her get up and leave. :0)

In addition, tomorrow (Thursday) I'm flying to Austin. I'm running a conference there Fri/Sat. I get back in late Saturday night. I will still have internet access, so I will be checking in every night. If the story moves past the room over the weekend, I'll do a short post moving Senora along. I already know what her next move is. Just waiting on King Dark. :0)

Hope the transition is going alright for you, Dark!

~Sali

14. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I think for creature wise a dragon is always good. It can be good, evil, or anoyingly neutral, they all make for great plot features. Maybe Leprecons, Wyrms, some demon that feeds on fear and scares everyone, (I'd love to see what everyone sees when the demon summon's there fears) maybe even a run in with the grim reaper (or at least if my charicter gets almost dead i might have him have one LOL), maybe a forest gaurdian or spirit, dryads, Nymph, Pixie(Mean ones), umm i can't think of anything right now.

15. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

I like the fear demon thing. It's different from the basic goblin/orc thing and it's an interesting idea and I would personally enjoy typing out Leon's fears. The grim reaper thing is, to me, a cool idea too. Aren't wyrms and dragons the same thing kind of?

Anywho, I really really like the dragon suggestion, like a guardian dragon that's neutral and appears because of the disturbance created by the darkness. My friend suggests ancient flame soldiers risen from the graven that are big and buff :D

16. Salinye

Salinye New Member

FYI Back from Texas and catching up.

17. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

Too bad there isn't much to catch up on. Darkthought hasn't posted a plot device for a while, what with being kicked out of his house and all, so I've been twiddling my thumbs waiting for something to happen.

18. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Agreed lets hope something happens soon

19. Salinye

Salinye New Member

Well, he did leave a message saying he might be a bit sporatic through his transition and for no one to freak out because he wasn't abandoning the storyline. I know it's hard when we're excited about a story to wait through the delay, but I'm betting he'll be back to get the ball rolling as soon as he can. :0)

I may have to throw a stick at him for not having the king answer Senora's question, though. :p

~Sal

20. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

Okay...I edited my last post and will be posting again as Rae shortly...sorry for the delay.

21. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

I would like to note that my internet is down at the moment and I don't know when it'll be back up but I'm still in the story and, by my last post, I can start wherever whenever I get back on so I'm gonna give you guys a heads up. Right now I'm at my mom's work so I have access to the internet :D

22. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Is the post a prompt to have us head down to the hall right now? Sorry I'm having one of my slow days

23. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

Sure is

24. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

sweet will post tomorrow need to go now ><

25. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

Oh yeah, my internet works now so...yeah :D *thumbs up*