1. WorldsApart

WorldsApart New Member

For those who struggle to world build

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by WorldsApart, Apr 23, 2016.

I love building worlds. I do it for fun with no intention of writing stories in them, but I would like my worlds to see the light of day, have stories set in them, so I am offering them up to anyone who wants to write in them. I will of course ask that I be credited in some way for the idea and planning, and that you would notify me of any changes you wish to make to the world so that I can make a note of it.

I would also be happy to build a world for someone, (for free), if they know vaguely what they want.

You can see basic info on the worlds on my wordpress, Plan, Write, Edit, Repeat

Seraph751 and Gareth MH like this.
  2. Morgan Stelbas

Morgan Stelbas Active Member

That is a really interesting offer. I am interested in seeing the worlds you have built and am having trouble finding them on Wordpress. Could you please direct me to them?

3. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

I'm interested as well! :-D I have a world I need built that I've been struggling with. All of the countries are named and have cultures of their own. I just haven't been able to draw the map out.

Could you link us to your WordPress?

4. IHaveNoName

IHaveNoName Senior Member Community Volunteer

Oooh. Count me in. I've got a world built and I'm working on cultures and such, but it's such a slog. Any help would be awesome.

5. WorldsApart

WorldsApart New Member

It won't let me add a link, (despite having a button for it) but the url is: https COLON DOUBLE SLASH planwriteedit DOT wordpress DOT com SLASH theseworldsioffer SLASH
    Hope that helps. That's where the basic info is, and I'll be adding links there to more detailed info asap, though some is needing to be typed up so it'll take longer. If there's one you want me to prioritise just ask and I'll bump it to the top of the list.

6. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

That's to keep people from spamming the site trying to drive viewers to their blogs or wherever.

But since you are not spamming (at least not by bulk-bot) and people are interested:
    ** https://planwriteedit.wordpress.com/

Welcome to the forum.:superhello:

** If I get in trouble, I didn't mean to break any rules. :angle:

7. Gareth MH

Gareth MH Member

So what exactly do you mean world building? Do you mean maps or politics and cultures/customs or do you mean maps? Cause I could use a nice map to work from to help clear things up for me.

8. WorldsApart

WorldsApart New Member

Maps, politics, cultures, histories, pretty much everything. I don't have any examples of my maps to show because I haven't got any scanned in, but I could scan them if you want to see.