Forms of abuse you don't see much.

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Lorddread, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Lorddread

Lorddread Member

Would guilt tripping them about them being the reason their parents are dead be interesting?

2. NateSean

NateSean Senior Member

Here's an example of the long term effects of abuse. It's relevent because it happened to me. The father of my brothers rasied me a good chunk of my life because my mother was out of the picture. (don't get me started on her)

Like most ten year-olds, I could be a little mouthy. But he would knock me around every chance he got, slam me into the wall, etc. Now, I'm twice his size and he suffers from a bit of muscle problems in his upper body.

Every day I'm grateful that he is several states away because I have this very irrational voice in the back of my head that keeps saying, "My turn."

3. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

Does it have to be child abuse? I saw a made for tv movie a few years back and it was about a woman who was abused by her teenage son.

4. cassieopeia

cassieopeia New Member

I think unpredictability is the worst thing, like in Stephen King's 'Misery'.

It keeps the tension going when the character is nice one minute and just snaps the next. Also, its more realistic because no person can be totally good or totally evil.

Good luck with it.

Cas

5. ompm33

ompm33 Banned

maybe it would be cool if the children in question have aged from the magic abuse. height and weight would all be relevant to the age of the children but physical appearance would be old and wrinkley. if the children in this story are high school age this was probly a stupid suggestion.

6. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

Child abuse may occur whenever parental restriction becomes extreme. When the child is old enough to choose his or her own type of clothing to wear, the parent may still force the child to wear the clothing or do something the parent wants him or her to do. Then the parent would whoop him or she for failing to choose the same clothing the parent commands him or her to choose. I had that happen to me when I failed to spend money on some stupid video games I was not even interested in playing. Thus, my stepfather got mad and punished me for a week for something I had the freedom of doing. I am not sure if that would be some form of child abuse, but it could if it gets too far out of hand.

Another example of child abuse is when the parent forces his or her child to do everyday homework, keep his homework done all day and everyday with little or no spare time for the child. This has recently happend. I forgot the name of the documentary show we watched in school though.