Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Freddie Gray's broken neck

Discussion in 'Debate Room' started by GingerCoffee, Apr 24, 2015.

It's driving me nuts watching the cops continue to say they aren't done investigating and the news media continuing to talk about what could have possibly happened in the police van.

I have to vent. They broke the vertebrae in his neck taking him down. There are very few ways that could have happened but holding him down with a forceful knee in the neck or an overweight cop putting all his weight on the guy's neck is pretty much a given. It's possible he broke his neck in some weird angle fall, but I think it's the former.

The bottom line is, the fractured neck happened there, not in the van. Look at the videos, he's paralyzed probably at about C 4 (4th cervical vertebrae) level. They no doubt made it much worse by moving him without immobilizing his neck.

Then they probably let him die of respiratory failure by not getting him help soon enough. You can't breath without assistance with a C 3 fracture and with C 4 only your diaphragm works, your chest muscles don't. C 4 would explain how he could have been screaming and having trouble breathing but not have a complete loss of respiratory function. But breathing using just your diaphragm is nearly impossible in some positions.

They're repeating the "what happened in the van" mantra on CNN right now. Are the news people idiots? Look at the guy, his neck is broken before he got in the van. Do they think he was pretending to be limp and just coincidentally he really became paralyzed later?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.