1. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Personalities

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mercurial, Jan 27, 2009.

Whether you're someone who reposts some stupid personality quiz because you cant resist talking about what kind of person you are or someone who complains about people who repost some stupid personality quiz because they cant resist talking about what kind of person they are, it's life and it never ceases to amaze me how different people can be --and the infinite facets people can have within themselves!

For instance, you and I may have nothing in common --I may have a love for art history while you cant figure out whether the Da Vinci is rightside up or not, and you might be passionate about astronomy and constellations while I just wish on the stars up there... but regardless, even though I may be clueless or even have distaste for something you adore, I am fascinated that you and I differ as we do! :)

It's life. We're all alive, and we are people, and I find individuality and uniqueness invaluable.

Anyways, so I am going to post one of those stupid personality quizzes... It's the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and some of you might have taken it once or twice before at the educational or work place, but it's also nice to have because it provides more insight to who you are as a person.

I'm interested to see how we all differ --and even more interested to see if there is a trend in the personality types we find here. Is there a typical "writer's" personality? I suppose we'll find out! Post your results. Do you feel that they are accurate?

Follow this link to take the short quiz; it takes about five minutes to take --> http://similarminds.com/jung.html

And, if you're interested, this site has better details on the personality types than the previous Web site. It has a basic definition of all the traits, and then it also has a link for each possible personality type. --> http://www.e-mbti.com/index.php

I'm an INTP, myself, which is known as The Thinker. I'm Introspective, iNtuitive, Thinking / logical, and Perceiving --flexible as opposed to structured. I think it's pretty accurate...

2. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

Ok so my type was ENFJ which is "Persuader" this means outstanding leader of groups, can be aggressive at helping others to be the best they can. Mainly Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging...I think this is fairly accurate also

3. Mercurial

We are almost complete opposites, save the "N." :D I got that feeling from reading a few of you're posts, but of course I'd never make a judgement call. You do seem much more decisive than myself, and probably a little friendlier, too. :p

4. yellowm&M

haha really you got that from reading my posts? cool your more perceptive than me lol Though actually I'm much more bold online that I am in real life so if you actually me met me you'd probably be a bit surprised :p though isn't that always the case? lol

5. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Emily is an ENFP

Extroverted (E) 63.64% Introverted (I) 36.36%
    Intuitive (N) 72.73% Sensing (S) 27.27%
    Feeling (F) 79.31% Thinking (T) 20.69%
    Perceiving (P) 80.65% Judging (J) 19.35%

"Journalist". Uncanny sense of the motivations of others. Life is an exciting drama. 8.1% of total population.

6. Mercurial

Yes, I dont care much for numbers and data values, but I gather a lot of my information simply by paying attention to details; I'm pretty good at "reading" people, but I'm wrong from time to time (though not usually. :p ).

I'm often more bold in text as well. A 'textrovert' I think is what the new slang term is lately. At least when I have a moment to gather my thoughts and present them in a coherent manner I dont sound totally like a babbling idiot! In real life, I talk quite rapidly and dont make much sense. ...I often wonder if the same principle carries over into the cyberworld, but I like to think not. :D

7. yellowm&M

I talk lots too! Well actually it depends on who I'm talking to. the more comfortable and friendly I am with someone the more I tlak (and thats alot) but if I barely know anyone or I feel really uncomfortable I just keep to myslef and talk only if I have to and only as long as I have to.

8. Mercurial

Hmm, so far we're three for three as far as intuition goes. Perhaps a characteristic of a writer, or maybe I'm just reading too much into things as I always do. :p

9. yellowm&M

but intuition kinda makes sense for a writer

10. Mercurial

Yeah, I was sort of thinking that. We've got to have some sort of way of tapping into the unsaid, otherwise how would we ever verbalize what's swimming around in our minds? :)

11. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Introverted (I) 66.67% Extroverted (E) 33.33%
    Intuitive (N) 65% Sensing (S) 35%
    Thinking (T) 62.86% Feeling (F) 37.14%
    Perceiving (P) 70.59% Judging (J) 29.41%

INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

12. Mercurial

Hey, we're the same! :eek:

13. yellowm&M

Exactly!! now we're 4/4 for intuitive I'm definatley seeing a trend and I'm the non-perceptive one lol

14. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

Here is mine...seems kinda silly, but these tests always impress me that way. I cut'n paste the result:

"INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population."

I will admit one interesting coincidence...I have built and sold three business over the past 32 years.

15. yellowm&M

then how come yours said "the thinker" and his said "the architect"? lol :p

16. Shadow Dragon

Ha, I noticed that also.

17. Mercurial

The test link said "Architect" and the link that defines the personalities said "The Thinker." :)

Aaaand, NaCl, I dont know you (or anyone, really) all that well yet, but you struck me as the intellectual with a very precise and exacting nature. :D Mastermind; seems to fit. At least I think so!

18. yellowm&M

haha ok got it :D

19. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

ISFP-"Artist". Interested in the fine arts. Expression primarily through action or art form. The senses are keener than in other.

Introverted (I) 56.67% Extroverted (E) 43.33%
    Sensing (S) 56.76% Intuitive (N) 43.24%
    Feeling (F) 53.85% Thinking (T) 46.15%
    Perceiving (P) 54.76% Judging (J) 45.24%

20. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

I suspect the percentages of deviation in each category help skew the final characterization.

21. Mercurial

Our first "sensing" person! :eek: Diversity, go!

22. yellowm&M

wow so I just read the description on the other link for me, and it's much closer than I thougt jeez :p

23. Mercurial

After reading the extended description of the Thinker / Architect, I felt very... humbled, almost, but perhaps that's the wrong word. I felt like most of it was correct, but then it started going on about how people like myself use their mind and are known for being ingenious; the first thing that came to mind was: This must be wrong... :p I think, but I dont get anywhere with my thoughts.

24. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

But note it's almost 50-50.

25. Shadow Dragon

I just read through their description for "The Thinker" and it's almost scary how accurate it is with me. Was it very accurate for you as well?