Free Range Chicken

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Heather Louise, Jan 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

It's a fact that free-range chicken eggs taste better. (I know because I've got a silly lil flock in the backyard) It's because they are happy and have free reign to roam as they please. I'd totally go for free-range only eggs.

2. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Yea, my mam does free-range egss as there isn't much difference in price, but she said free-range chicken was just too expensive.

If I have enough money when I'm older I'd like to own some land and have some chickens, laying and for eating and stuff like that.

And lol Cog, I don't think I would be able to pass down a bacon sarnie.

3. ValianceInEnd

Yeah, if you have enough land, owning chickens is pretty cheap. You can get general breeds for 6$ each at a feed store, or you can do what my family does and order special breeds(they're really cute). Feed doesn't cost that much either. Its just building a coop for them, especially if you have coyotes in your area or something.

4. Raven

Raven Banned

Or....

You could by then frozen whack 'em in defrost and bang 'em in the oven. Serve up an hour or so later lovely and steaming and Mmmmmmmmm ever so nice. ;)

5. ValianceInEnd

Of course, I don't have the heart to kill the older ones who don't lay anymore. lol

6. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Sounds fairly easy actually, I thought you'd have to sort out all sorts of things. Now I just need a house with the land to do it. :p

7. swordfish

swordfish New Member

Yesterday, my co-worker was telling me about the time she worked for the biggest chicken farmer/processor in the country.

I will spare you the details, but the methods used to kill chickens on a large scale is disturbing.

I am now seriously considering becoming a vegetarian.