1. jayger04

jayger04 New Member

Review in what order

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by jayger04, Oct 28, 2007.

Hi everyone,

When I'm reviewing something I have been starting with those that don't have many comments. But then I thought I better start at the bottom and work my way to the top, but some of the dates are from a while back. If you follow the hot threads then some may be getting their stories read more often than others. Does anyone else have a pattern they follow as I really enjoy reading other peoples work but don't want to accidently miss someone.

Regards Rach

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Well, recent posts with no responses should probably be at the top of the list. However, new members may feel more comfortable reviewing recent offerings that resonate in some way with them. Any piece that either works very well for you, or that you can point out a significant suggestion for, is a good candidate.

We do have members on the site who are designated as Reviewers. Most have their names in green, but all are listed in the Reviewers section in the page reached through the View Forum Leaders link at the bottom of the forum home page. We are not selected because we have any specialized credentials for reviewing, but because we have committed to put in an extra effort to review pieces that might otherwise be neglected.

For everyone else, any good coverage of recently posted pieces is helpful, both for the author and the reviewer.

Older pieces may also be reviewed, but just be aware that the author may not be around any more, or may have moved on from that particular work. However, it will still be beneficial to the reviewer.

I hope this has been helpful.

3. jayger04

jayger04 New Member

Thanks

It was helpful thankyou.