1. Thom

Thom Active Member

Frustrations in file conversions...

Discussion in 'Electronic Publishing' started by Thom, Apr 5, 2015.

So, I'm trying to upload a newer version of my story, The Rose Orphan onto Smashwords. But it is in docx format which Smashwords does not handle. It needs to be converted to simple doc. format. Which is easy, simply using Save As and choosing doc. But, then the size of the file triples in size, which then maxes past the allowable size to be uploaded. So that still leaves me dock-blocked...
    I did not have this problem last year. I know I didn't, so I'm assuming 'something' in the file is tripling during the conversion.
    So, I'm hoping someone has some idea to keep that from happening, before I use the Nuclear Option and start formatting from scratch to see if that would help.
    I just don't wont to go that deep into it again. I made some slight changes, and am now feeling frustrated to come upon roadblocks that haven't been there before.

2. Thom

Thom Active Member

Never anyone mind. It was something with the imbedded maps. Pulled them out, put them back and viola! back to a manageable size again!o_O

GingerCoffee likes this.