1. Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus New Member

Funny games anyone?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Hocus Pocus, Feb 27, 2011.

I had this game me and my friends would play when we were younger (about six years ago when I was six). What we would do is get all the cards from an ordinary guess who game and pick one each, we would keep them secret. Then on a small slip of paper I would write something like, They have silky blonde hair that contrasts with there dark chocolate skin. They wear one hooped earing which is rusty but still beautiful (that's something my friend wrote actually). Then everybody would have to try a guess the character the person chose, it was great fun and a good laugh.

I was wondering, does anybody else have funny little games that help develope characters like this?

2. MindscrewMin

MindscrewMin New Member

Here's one I stole from the John Green book Paper Towns. It's called "That Guy is a Gigolo."

You're driving in a car. As people pass by, you make educated guesses about them based on your first impression. It says more about the watcher than the watchee, but it's a fun game in character development.

3. Smoke

Smoke New Member

The only game I've played is the "Exquisite Corpse" drawn version. Fold a paper into thirds, someone draws the head. Without seeing the head, the next person draws the torso. Same for the feet.

I have played two games accidentally. One was from hearing Pinky and the Brain audio placed over the credits from a similar show. The characters I saw did not match who they actually were or their motivations.

The other game is related to Bibliomancy. Click on a webcomic that you aren't familiar with, and then try to reconstruct an entire life story from just that one page. It's hilarious if you think differently than the comic's creator.