Funny or Weird Habits! :P

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Slipknot663Korn, Jan 28, 2009.

1. SunnyInTheSnow

SunnyInTheSnow New Member

1. when im alone at home, i start to talk to myself in English. Yeah, that's a little strange, but not too special. but it's like this: i do it in English (should i mention i am german?^^)

2. to improve in speaking English :rolleyes: ^^... ok, thats not the reason, maybe i am improving in it this way, but i do it just because i love speaking english. i'd love to speak it all the time, but that would annoy my friends. ppl look very strangely at me everytime i do it .. thats why i use the chance to speak it when nobody hears me, even if that means talking to myself.

3. wow, i need silence to sleep... a fan would drive me crazy (o_O)

2. Anonym

Anonym New Member

1. I usually have headphones on in public.
    2. It's kind of a social deterrent, when I don't feel like being accosted.
    3. That's cool. I hope my german will be good enough to do that too someday :)

3. SunnyInTheSnow

SunnyInTheSnow New Member

1. i used to knot my hair when i was bored. and i mean real knots you tie a rope into ^^ then i pulled it as tight as i could just because my hair loosens it as soon as i let it go ^^
    2. i dont know. maybe because it's fascitating how fast my the hair loosens such a tight knot. or just because i was bored ^^
    3. well, many people do it, including me. its the best way to avoid being accosted in the bus or somewhere else.

you're learning german? great^^ how's it going?

4. Matt!

Matt! New Member

1.If I have money, I have to spend it.
    2.Dunno, maybe a false sense of happiness.
    3.Thats pretty cool actually

5. yorutora

yorutora New Member

I have the same problem i spend money like crazy my wallet has spiderwebs in it.

i have a problem with buying fish i might kill one and say i am not getting another one but i always do.

6. Anonym

Anonym New Member

1. I can't help but dream up some kind of scene or vignette when I hear stirring music.
    2. Preoccupation with the synergy between music & cinema perhaps.
    3. My brother does that. Has to have atleast one pet fish at all times. :)

7. ArtWander

ArtWander New Member

1. I like to drink beverages by sucking up liquid into a straw and pulling it out of the drink.
    2. I don't know...seems to make the drink last longer?
    3. Holy crap, I do the exact same thing! I find myself imagining scenes whilst listening to certain types of music.

8. sidtvicious

sidtvicious Contributor Contributor

Inferno, office 752. Take a right turn at the wat
    1. I will wear the same pair of jeans for a week straight.
    2. Too lazy to do the laundry.
    3. Seems like a way to absorb a hell of a lot of liquid calories.

9. jelinekjava415

jelinekjava415 New Member

1. I pick the dry skin off my lips
    2. When I am stressed or worried about something.....have been doing it since I was a child and I am still doing it at 26 yrs old...haha
    3. Hopefully your jeans are semi-clean for most of that week, but hey...not a lot of people like to do laundry. I am one of the rare that LOVE to...haha

10. aimi_aiko

aimi_aiko New Member

1. I mess with the area around my fingernails until it gets to the point of severe soreness or swelling

2. I really don't know why I do it.

3. I'm not a fan of dead skin, but I do that too if needed. Usually I'm constantly putting on moistuizer on them.

11. sadiemaddie

sadiemaddie New Member

1. I pick the lint out of my son's toes, now that he is doing the army crawl across the floor.
    2. Lint bothers me and I'm scared for it to get wrapped around his little toe's and cut off the blood flow.
    3. I do the same thing, but I do it because I'm nervous.

12. SeverinR

SeverinR New Member

When alone in public I listen to the people around me.(without looking)
    Its fun to hear what others are talking about.

It does get hard sometimes not laughing at the conversations.

(really easy when a person is talking on the phone in "Kenny Tarmack" style.
    you know the ones that talk like they are yelling across the room rather in the phone right next to there mouth.)

13. Jessica_312

Jessica_312 New Member

1. I have to check my facebook EVERY morning
    2. I'll admit it, I'm a facebook junkie. I just like reading what people are up to - I'm not a stalker! :p
    3. Ha, I do that too sometimes

14. sadiemaddie

sadiemaddie New Member

My next werid habbit is...

Chewing on my tounge, (I take the saying 'bite your tounge' to new level)
    I do it to avoid talking, or saying something stupid. (fear of being ridiculed)
    I'm the same as you, Check the facebook to see what is going on with my friends..haha

15. TinyDancer

TinyDancer New Member

1.I had an 'imaginary' friend that would countdown from 10 whenever I changed, and I had to rush to get changed on time.

2.I was 5? I was lonely. my parents conceived me too late and I was a mistake and they were too old to take me places and too wary to trust me to go to places on my own. i'm super shy, so maybe i just wanted to get dressed as soon as possible.

3.better out than in, sadie, you only live once, seize the day don't be afraid. lol

16. Infinitytruth

Infinitytruth New Member

macarony and bbq sauce...gives it an actual taste. :)

17. mail3diplo

mail3diplo New Member

1. Having to chew a bite of food the same number of times on both sides of my mouth.

2. I don't know!

3. Okay?

18. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

1. I used to only chew on one side of my mouth.

2. I was bored and very small - I'd invented a game when one side of my mouth was "the king" and the other was "the public". The king was obviously the side that got all the food. I believe my tongue was "the government".

3. Well I can hardly speak given the weird habit I used to have :rolleyes:

19. WriterDude

WriterDude Contributor Contributor

1. I never pick up the phone the first time unless I know who are calling, and I actually want to talk to that person. I never do. If it's important, call me back in a while. If it's not important, don't call me back.

2. I hate phones. Doesn't matter if I I'm talking to strangers or my family. It's the phone I hate.

3. Whatever makes you happy. ;)

20. Marranda

Marranda New Member

I LOVE Mac'n cheese with BBQ sauce! =) Next time, try it mixed with hickory flavored tuna. *yum*

Anyways...
    1- I always have to have things in 3's or multiples of 3's. Like scoops of ice cream, handfuls of halloween candies, sometimes a shirt or pants I find particularly fitting and comfy- all have to be 3 scoops, multiples of 3, or 3 different colors of the same thing.

2- I have no idea how it became an obsession with me... maybe has something to do with being the oldest of three girls. Or that if I combine all my siblings and step siblings the total is a multiple of 3. Or that I'm just a greedy hoarder and justify it with an oddball obsession like OCD in numbers o_O

3- WriterDude- we're on the same page man. I hate phones too- especially cell phones. My dad always starts his messages with "WHY don't you EVER answer when I call?! DO you HATE me?!" I love my dad. Honest. I just hate talking on the phone.

21. WriterDude

It's not the phone itself I hate. I bought an expensive Android-phone I couldn't really afford and loved it. And lost it after a week. So I bought another one I definitely couldn't afford. And lost it after three days. So I bought a third one. :D But talking on them? Nah... :redface:

22. Taylee91

Taylee91 Carpe Diem Contributor

^Wow, that's like my habit of buying journals and never actually getting around to using them XD I don't know why I even bother, but time and time again I find myself with empty notebooks gathering dust on my desk...It's kinda like my issue with buying purses

A habit that's stuck with me since I was like eleven is folding and tucking my used napkin in the handle loop of my cup after dinner. It's a compulsion really, I don't have a precise reason why I do it.

23. Marranda

Marranda New Member

See. 3 phones, and one you lost on the 3rd day of owning it. I tell you, the 3's find me!
    That and an odd branch-off to my 3's compulsion is I find meaning in things with 3's or multiples of 3 that really have no meaning or connection to the number 3 to begin with, but because I made a connection all on my own, therefore now have a meaning to the number 3. It's so sad.
    Like my son's birthday: April 28th. or 4/28. 4+2+8= 14. 1-4= -3. Birth year= 2010. 20+10=30. 3+0=3.
    My birthday: November 1st, or 11/1. 3 ones, and 1+1+1=3. Nuts, I know!

Now that I've made myself look like a complete freak. someone please post their funny or weird habit. :redface:

24. WriterDude

Nah, you are only a third of a freak. Ha! :D