1. Fanficlover

Fanficlover New Member

Building Bullet Trains in USA

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fanficlover, Dec 6, 2010.

Imagine a fast electric trains carry many people across this big nation. I really want to see a bullet trains running here in this country, just like in Japan and France. If you don't know what is bullet train, it is a train that can travel in very high speed. Imagine that it will save more gases, reduce traffics, and become more convinent to the people. I like trains since I was a kid, and I think bringing back the USA to the era of the trains (since we, American build many rail lines in the past) to a more advanched imaginative, but technological possibility to making the bullet trains running in many states.

What do you think about the idea? I know that California are doing their High Speed Rail Project.

2. Pallas

Pallas Contributor Contributor

I actually wrote a letter to the prez about considering not just bullet trains but a massive interstate if not transcontinental maglev system; from his response letter I can say he was wildly impressed...maybe.

I am all for a newer train system to reduce the use of combustion engines. :)

3. Fanficlover

Fanficlover New Member

They did say that they can build a maglev system that connect from Boston to Washington DC, or something.

4. SashaMerideth

SashaMerideth Active Member

The rail network in America is just broken. New bullet trains would be great, new track everywhere, rapid transit, and we can even have TSA groping there as well.

5. Trace

Trace New Member

That is the best idea evah. I live in New Mexico and/or one of the least populated states in America and the space between towns is painstakingly large so an advanced train system would be a tremendous help.

6. SashaMerideth

SashaMerideth Active Member

Also, Japan is densely populated, it's highly likely that these bullet trains will go around population centers, and shoot off from LA to DC without stopping in every dust bowl along the way.