Tags:
  1. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Game of Thrones RP OOC/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Dagolas, Feb 12, 2014.

Here you may find references for the GoT RP, but also post character sheets and such.

HOUSES:
    HOUSE LANNISTER
    "Hear Me Roar"

[​IMG]

House Lannister of Casterly Rock is one of the Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms, and the principal house of the Westerlands. Their seat is Casterly Rock, though another branch exists that is based in nearby Lannisport. Their sigil is a golden lion on a field of crimson. Their official motto is "Hear me roar!" However their unofficial motto, equally well known, is "A Lannister always pays his debts." The Lannisters reigned as Kings of the Rock until they fell to the Targaryen Conquest, but were allowed to remain the liege lords of the Westerlands. The House had fallen on hard times, but was restored to its former glory by Jonnen. The Lannisters are the richest family in the Seven Kingdoms, due in large part to the many gold mines under their control, despite by no means being the largest kingdom and being rather mountainous. Members of the family tend to have golden hair and emerald green eyes.

HOUSE STARK
    "Winter is Coming"

[​IMG]

House Stark was one of the Great Houses of Westeros, ruling over the vast region known as The North from their seat in Winterfell. It is by far one of the oldest lines of Westerosi nobility, claiming a line of descent stretching back over eight thousand years. The head of the house is the Lord of Winterfell. Before the Targaryen Conflict, the leaders of House Stark ruled over the region as the Kings in the North.

House Stark's sigil is a grey direwolf on a white field, sometimes white and pale green. They are one of the few noble Houses whose family words are not a boast or threat. Instead, the House Stark family motto is the ominous warning, "Winter is Coming".

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  2. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

CHARACTERS

LANNISTERS

OTHERS

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  3. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

PLOT
    [Reserved]

4. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

lol Dag ou may want to put up the updated version of Valkor that i sent you -it's in the pm

5. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Ok, cheers. Care to make a co-op post?

6. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

7. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

8. Oak7ree

Oak7ree Member

Name: Ser Edmund

House: Pyke (Bastard)

Bio/Story: Ser Edmund was on the Iron Islands, as his last name suggests. His mother died in childbirth. His father was a chief of the guardsmen to a local Lord, but in his youth his father was tragically killed in a "training accident" and Edmund had to run from home to the mainland on a ship. Sometime later, a travelling Septon found him, nearly dead on a beach. Edmund survived, and converted to the Faith of the Seven, as the Drowned God had never helped him. The Septon was a former knight, who trained Edmund while they traveled northwards to the ancient castle of Winterfell. There they rested for months and continued their training. Edmund was amazed by the northern hospitality and even saw the beautiful daughter of Lord Stark. From there they went to the White Harbour and sailed to the King's Landing. In the capital the Septon went to a high Lord and recommended Edmund to Lord Baratheon. Lord Baratheon enlisted him as a household guard and finally got him knighted when Edmund showed courage and valor in a battle between Lord Baratheon's troops and Kingswood's bandits. Since then, Ser Edmund has stayed in the capital as a knight.

Occupation / Rank: Knight

Personality: Ser Edmund is a good and loyal man at heart and slightly naïve, although life has given him enough lemons in the recent years. He has seen some serious plotting in the court, but believes into the good nature of mankind. He's a young in his prime, and wants to do the right thing where it matters.

Appearance: Ser Edmund is a young man with a dark hair and a beard. He's about six feet tall, powerfully built and with scars in his torso, face and arms. He has the green eyes of his father.

Other: Ser Edmund is a warrior - he hasn't known much life outside of it. He doesn't know how to read (except very little). He has spent much of his life in the barracks or in the training yard.

Killable (Warning: Death is final) by others?: Yes

Ps. Was this the right place to post the character?

9. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

You can post here or PM.

Approved! You could start by writing a little introductory post during the king's crowning (read the IC thread for context)

Oak7ree likes this.
  10. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

I've just posted as Mychael. What's the next step in your opinions? Maybe some POV's of the happenings or something? Feel free to advance the story in any way you see fit!

11. Keitsumah

DRAS! :eek:

12. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

You know each other?

13. Keitsumah

Yes, and can I have Val fight? If that's possible

14. Dras

Dras Active Member

Aye, we worked a few RPG's together :-D. Long time no see Sumah :love:

15. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Sure Keitsumah.

I was wondering, would you guys like to write your own predetermined combats or add some spice, anxiety and randomness to them?

16. Keitsumah

Can do the first post, but ATM I'm in class so the fight will have to wait a bit until I get home.

Crossed fingers that I have internet...

17. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

So basically my idea on interesitng fights is this (I think you'll like it, it makes it closer to pen and paper RP's)
    Using a 1-20 "dice roll" (random generator: http://www.random.org/ ) to choose what happens!

Imaginary Fight between Jon Snow and Robb Stark:

Robb makes first move
    Jon aims a blow at Robb's...
    1. Head
    2.R. Arm
    3.L. Arm
    4.Torso
    5.Lower Body
    6.R. Leg
    7.L. Leg

RANDOM NUMBER GENERATED: 7

WRITTEN IN RP: Jon aimed a blow at Robb's Left Leg.

DAMAGE DONE?
    1-5: complete failure
    5-10: failure/VERY SLIGHT VICTORY
    10-15: average
    15-19: well done
    20: excellent

RANDOM NUMBER GENERATED: 2

Jon aimed a blow at Robb's Left Leg. Robb parried it easily. Too easily. He retaliated with a ferocious kick that

DAMAGE DONE?
    RANDOM NUMBER GENERATED: 12

sent Jon off balance, but he quickly caught himself up.

This could add some serious injuries that you can't undo and add to the excitement and worry of battles, like in real life and Game of Thrones!

Also, if this is adopted it would be nice to post the technical (random number) side of battles in the OOC for all to see how it was done. :)

What do you think?

18. Dras

Dras Active Member

Aye, sounds interesting. I for one never cared much for the dice or points thing, preferring to just collab lol. Seeing as how i'm not a fighter (for once) this won't affect me as much. I think it would be cool :-D. When the time comes for Rowan to actually throw one of her knives.....*cue evil laugh*......perhaps her accuracy will become in question.

19. Keitsumah

I've played this method before. Easy.

20. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Brilliant, it adds to the fun and intrigue. Keitsumah, will you use this system to determine the jousting winner? It's fairly simple for a joust, you determine body part and then damage dealt.

Don't forget, if you use this system, to post how you did it here. (If you want to of course. I just think it would be interesting to read what "choices" were made as to the outcome and such.)

21. Keitsumah

yeah, sorry i wont be able to post till tomorrow -our internet was out until my bedtime..:(

22. Dras

Dras Active Member

No problem, just post when you can :-D

23. Keitsumah

puttign this up since the above was never updated.

Name: Valkor Orion
    House: None (Wandering Mercenary)
    Bio/Story: Valkor, or "Val" is the bastard son of a lesser nobleman. Born to a common family, he was raised to manage his father's great black plow horse, Shadow, and to tend to the fields. He may have ended up being a common farmer as well, but for the war that broke out between his lord and another.

At a mere thirteen, Val was orphaned, and everything he had thought to one day own was burned to the ground, but for the plow horse he had escaped on. Since them, he has grown up through thievery, and then become a highwayman. From there he developed into a ruthless, if not charismatic, mercenary.

Occupation/Rank:
    Mercenary

Personality: Calm and quiet, Valkor is usually unnoticed until he speaks or takes off his helm, and then he commands all ears. He is the exact opposite of Shadow at times, an angel cast down from heaven in appearance, but when ridiculed or otherwise, they become the menacing pair well known on the battlefields as "Thunder-Clap", for Shadow's hooves when he races across the ground make a sound not unlike it.

Appearance:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=YeD2WgHGdU_iMM&tbnid=TjTJgq0aWdZyeM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http://jaoosa.deviantart.com/art/Hetalia-Knight-Russia-312269825&ei=TGL9UvuIOMrOsASe7wE&bvm=bv.61190604,d.dmQ&psig=AFQjCNGIkNK5bFgd1y_sHA90Zs8kx0BhGA&ust=1392423832153511

Other: His mount is a larger-than-average Shire stallion, whose coat is as black as a starless night even on the brightest of days. Some believe it to be descended from a Nightmare, what with it's strange red eyes and foul temper.

KILLABLE: YES

24. Keitsumah

well that was unexpeced.

close to perfect the first time lol

25. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Yeah, lol. Dras, care to react a bit or shall Keitsumah directly do the next few rounds?

Oh and to be clear, 18-20 should unhorse the bastard, on whatever limb. I'd say another headshot would unhorse him too. Do give him a chance with the numbers though (otherwise it's not interesting)