Gentle rant: You're not a skilled expert, until you're a skilled expert.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TDFuhringer, Feb 2, 2014.

1. TDFuhringer

TDFuhringer Contributor Contributor

Ah @matwoolf , I get it. And I completely agree with you. If everyone followed every bit of advice and wrote perfectly crafted narratives, the stories would be rather bland, wouldn't they? We need those brilliant digressions, those spicy surprises, those moments that make the reader say, "this simply isn't done" and yet, in their hearts, they love it.

Tesoro and obsidian_cicatrix like this.
  2. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

I don't have all the answers TD, hey that was a lovely last post of yours...

I do shed a tear when there's nobody around for the word play. The atmosphere is very conservative sometimes. I've lived a life, I can do conservative very well.

;)

TDFuhringer likes this.
  3. rhduke

rhduke Member Reviewer

I always think my writing is trash the next day I read it, which is probably why I never finish anything. I haven't ever actually concluded a story properly.. Pep talks like these are nice to have but I feel the problems I have in writing isn't so much the in the process but have more to do with my real life problems that get in the way. Things like that can keep you from improving as a writer even if you really want to.

matwoolf and TDFuhringer like this.