1. Applepie533

Applepie533 New Member

Shutter Island

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Applepie533, Apr 14, 2010.

How did you guys like Shutter Island? The ending was completely unexpected; my heart practically ceased to beat momentarily. My only concern with the story was its perpetual vulgarity. Throughout the entire book, I thought the antagonist was Dr. Cawley, but the author truly made use of a book without a real antagonist. As I said before, the book ends with a vesceral grip, extremely surpirsing, and gradually, steadily, holds you were it wants you throughout the book. The emotion of the story shifted from pure excitement to that of slight melancholy. As the story progressed, it started to seem as if we've known Teddy Daniels for years. I personally, gave the book a 4/5.

2. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

Ah, I was recommended to read this. Sounds like it's worth reading.

3. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

I've got this book in my queue. Delaying seeing the movie until then (should be out in DVD by then, lol).

4. Afterburner

Afterburner Active Member

I really wanna read this. It's on my never-ending "To Read" list though lol.

5. RedRaven

RedRaven Active Member

Dang.. I messed up by watching the movie first! :(