Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

George Zimmerman Semi-Plagiarized Artwork turns EBay into a political commentary site.

Discussion in 'Debate Room' started by GingerCoffee, Dec 20, 2013.

I'm not really looking for a debate here but in case things get testy I thought this would be the safer sub-forum to discuss this in.

George Zimmerman: From Killer To Plagiarizing Scam Artist?

It's a flakey web site but it has the images side by side that GZ ripped off.

I suppose there is something about leeway for this kind of revision of someone else's work. I can't believe anyone bid on it on EBay let alone bid it up to $100,000 (it's highly unlikely anyone who bid this much will actually pay). No wonder his girlfriend is reconciling with the guy, he may be in debt but he's also demonstrated earning potential.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/George-Zimmerman-original-painting-/111239922810?pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item19e66a847a

While there are about 70 bids it looks like there are about a dozen bidders with one bidder going up and up. It's probably one of those flakes that bids but when the time comes they don't pay. "m***2" only has 3 transactions that anyone gave him feedback on. That's a common sign of a flakey bidder in this kind of circumstance.

Here's one spin off (of many). This one is not from a GZ fan. :p

There's a note on the one in this link that says 8 people an hour are looking at it:
    [​IMG]

ZimmerChrist
    [​IMG]

There are as many as 1,000. Holy Cow!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's funny. Someone makes (or looks like they might make) some money on EBay and people jump on the bandwagon. I think it would be smart to sell a bunch of parody prints cheap instead of going for the 10K political statement. Who would have thought EBay would become an instant political commentary site?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.