1. G. Anderson

G. Anderson Senior Member

Getting the word out online

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by G. Anderson, Oct 17, 2016.

Hi All,

I've recently self-published on Amazon Kindle and due to me having a fairly stable job, I've paid for a sponsored campaign. However, it hasn't been hugely successful. Therefore, I've created a new cover, title and blurb, so we'll see how it goes from now on...

I've also contacted bloggers, but they all seem to be really busy, and a whole lot of them are not accepting submissions for reviews anymore.

Does anyone else have some good ideas about marketing your book online? I'd prefer online as the book is only available in eBook format at the moment.

Social Media is of course great, but what to do if you have a very limited following there? :)

Best,
    G.

2. theoriginalmonsterman

theoriginalmonsterman Pickle Contest Administrator Contributor

I hear the places to go for this sort of thing is Facebook and Twitter. You can pay to create ads that will reach people with specific tastes, so while you may not reach a very broad audience you will be able to market to a more specific audience that's more likely to like your content.

3. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributing Member Contributor

Fiction or nonfiction? What was the campaign like? Do you have a website and/or blog?

4. G. Anderson

G. Anderson Senior Member

Thanks! I didn't actually think of paid ads there, which seems silly since it's such a good opportunity. And you can probably decide your own budget, and close the campaing if you are not getting sales from it!

It's a fiction book, but rather short. It's a romantic satire (a little inspired by reality shows) and aimed at readers between 16-30. I aim to make it part of a series featuring the same characters.

So far, my only campaign is a sponsored ad campaign on Amazon Kindle (I've had 26 impressions and 1 purchase so far! :D). I do not have a website or blog yet, but it's something I am thinking about. My only concern is, however, if it wouldn't be better to get a reading base first?

Best,
    G.

5. Philsy

Philsy Member

Set up a website with a blog. It's easy and cheap enough to do these days, and you could have a link to the Amazon page.

Also, use Facebook and Twitter to get the word out.