1. Ghengiz

Ghengiz New Member

Ghengiz of London

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ghengiz, Nov 19, 2015.

Hey All,

Ghengiz here - I have been thinking about joining a writing forum for sometime, partly to soak up some industry knowledge (about which I am almost entirely ignorant) but also to share my own writing for constructive criticism. Now that I am enjoying regular idle time in my office and completely sick of the bbc website...Here I am!

Writing a novel (fantasy of course) but I am considering starting my own blog/website/internet thing through which I will review books/movies/video games and discuss various topics, politics, football and life in general. No one will probably read it but I have some venting to do (hopefully these posts won't become one long rant).

My interests in reading are fairly diverse these days and now adrift in my mid twenties I am still reconciling my interests with my adolescent youth. For the first time ever I actually enjoy non-fiction, historical (Anthony Beevor, Tom Holland) and otherwise. One book I loved recently was Homo Sapiens: A brief history of Humankind, my god was my mind blown! Probably my favourite book is Catch 22. A classic I actually loved. Um. I am also back into "smart" sci fi with the likes of Reynolds occupying my time (The man is a genius! if only his characters weren't so terrible!)

Right that is as much as I have to say, nice to meet you all and looking forward to becoming a contributor to this amazing forum.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Ghengiz, and welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you'll fit right in. :) I've tried to read Catch-22, but for whatever reason I haven't gotten past the first 20 pages. :(

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Make sure to check out the bit about our workshop and workshop requirements if you're planning to post your writing for critique.

See you around!

-Kat

3. Ghengiz

Ghengiz New Member

Thanks Kat, will make sure I do a bit of ground work before I start forcing my novel down everyone's throats!

p.s. come back to catch 22 it is hilarious.