Tags:
  1. ForsytheTragedy

ForsytheTragedy New Member

"Intensity" by Dean Koontz

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by ForsytheTragedy, Aug 29, 2007.

Has anyone ever read this book? If so, I've got a question I'd like to ask, to see if anyone else picked up an unmistakable likeness to a particular movie.

2. EyezForYou

EyezForYou Active Member

What movie?

3. ForsytheTragedy

ForsytheTragedy New Member

Haute Tension (or High Tension, in the U.S.). It's almost IDENTICAL as far as the way the scenes play out, down to the very details.

4. Kravorkian

Kravorkian New Member

Dean Koontz is my favorite author, and I read 'Intensity' a number of years ago. When the movie 'High Tension' was released, I thought the very same thing.

As I watched, I thought to myself "Hey, I've...seen this before?". Then it clicked. I even told my wife that this movie was similar to 'Intensity', and she remembered me describing some parts of the book to her, and agreed it was similar.

So...I was both excited and disappointed. Excited because I got to, in a way, see a movie adaptation of a book I really enjoyed, and disappointed because I knew it really wasn't 'Intensity'. (It would have been cool if the cop/little girl in the basement was incorporated...but I'd assume there would be legal action if these were brought into the movie.)

And here I thought I was the only one that picked up on this!

5. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

I think I've read this one by him... Although honestly, I can't pick out what this one was about. Was this the one with the guy who had the young girl with him, and was actually a police officer...? I have poor memory for books sometimes, hah. Either way, I haven't seen the movie you're speaking of.