1. Hubardo

Hubardo Contributing Member Contributor

Give me a motivational push for tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Hubardo, Jun 29, 2014.

I decided earlier this month to try out the litreactor crime fiction short story contest. The deadline is July 1 so I've decided to try and finish the story tomorrow and edit on Monday, then submit. Problem is, I don't have an ending. Most endings I've worked out in my head aren't that great. The writing is okay I think, and the style is kind of interesting although probably too ambitious for such an amateur writer such as myself. I'm 90+% sure it won't win the contest, mostly because calling it crime fiction is kind of a stretch. But overall the story concept is quite good -- I'm confident about that. And I'm excited to enter a SS contest for the first time, especially because they have "professional editors" (or something) give you feedback on the piece, which is more important to me than getting published (okay I'm lying about that part).

Okay, why was I posting this again? Haven't posted on the forum in a while. Oh yeah. Say motivational things to me so I actually get up in the morning, go to the coffee shop, load up on caffeine and finish this damn story. Today when I tried working on it I couldn't squeeze out a word. Help!

And thanks. Even if nobody posts by the time I check in the morning. Thanks for existing as an awesome forum and community of writers, thinkers and generally/mostly cool folks.

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Contributing Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

"If you want to succeed in the world must make your own opportunities as you go on. The man who waits for some seventh wave to toss him on dry land will find that the seventh wave is a long time a coming. You can commit no greater folly than to sit by the roadside until someone comes along and invites you to ride with him to wealth or influence." - John B. Gough

Good luck!

3. Garball

Garball Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand. Supporter Contributor

You better get your ass up and get to the coffee shop and finish that damn story! If you don't, you'll be forced to ride a bicycle 20 miles in sandpaper underwear and doused with Tabasco.

However, if you do accomplish your goals, you will get your very own soft-serve ice cream machine with a lifetime supply of mix!

Hubardo likes this.
  4. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

If you get finished and win the contest, the bacon fairy will show up in your bedroom the next night and leave you a life time of thick cut peppered bacon!

Hubardo likes this.
  5. BookLover

BookLover Contributing Member

"A real loser is someone who's so afraid of not winning he doesn't even try." - The grandpa from Little Miss Sunshine

Go, go, go! You can do this!

6. Hubardo

yay

7. Hubardo