Tags:
  1. Pook

Pook Member

Glossary of Terms

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Pook, Dec 19, 2010.

Im seeing terminology in various posts and have no idea what they mean (mary sue?), after having searched using the search function I can't see any index or glossary of terms,

Is this possible?

It would be handy for noobazoids like me,

opinions?

2. Ruth Jacobs

Ruth Jacobs Member

Google is good, as is wikipedia

3. Pook

Pook Member

Indeed Ruth, but this is a writing site and really there should be a list of the most common for reference, how else could you keep up with what people say in their replies?

This is the number 1 site on google for creative writing, I find it strange it does not have one,

meh

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

since it is a site for writers, why would such be needed, when those are, or who want to be such should already be familiar with the standard jargon of the art/industry they want to work in [or not be too lazy to look them up on their own]?...

i don't... for the reason given above...

5. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I'm not opposed to the idea per se, it is quite an interesting suggestion, but Ruth Jacobs and mammamia raise good points. Researching is, I think, an integral part of being a writer, and if you find terms you don't understand (not just on this site, but in the course of everyday life too) then you should be looking them up.

But like I said, it's an interesting suggestion and merits more consideration. Some issues need to be thought on a bit more, such as which terms to include, and where to put the list.