1. Michael O

Michael O Member

Going more insane editing....Always editing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Michael O, May 12, 2013.

I've clocked out.....thought I'd piddled.......

"On 'brainstorming' for story ideas: Don't collect, masticate, and regurgitate. Create." - Cogito

Awe Man! You're talking to the processed food generation!

They'd starve to death on a farm trying to figure which end of the mule a harness goes on.

Here's a hint.....It's the end that CAN'T shoot a 3-foot methane flame. Singed eyebrows and hair always identified the farm boy who shouldn't play with matches.

Got my boot hung-up in an electric fence one time. Dove hunting in a friend's field. It was strung low and didn't know one was there. As I ran out to pick up doves the damn thing pulled me down and I thought a rattlesnake was biting me. Felt wire when I reached down......I mean I really felt it! Took about 5 seconds get untangled. Must have looked funny.....Flopping around on the ground like a headless chicken.

2. blackstar21595

blackstar21595 New Member

Here's a tip. Try to make your posts coherent for others if you're seeking advice. I'm answering the only thing that made sense in this post—the thread name.

You don't have to work yourself to death,brainstorming for an idea. Just let the spark come naturally. But if you do have problems, try looking at pictures of people,places or things, and see what happens. Personally, my ideas come from things I see or a little spark I get from something. An example is when I saw Rhduke's avatar, and I told myself, "Those goggles look cool as fuck. I want an MC with goggles."

3. Michael O

Michael O Member

No....Really. Been editing so much just took a break. I've reduced it from 145k words to ~ 140k. Can see another 5-6k words easily coming off but it's reading and changing and deleting and moving.

Think I need a little electro-shock therapy.....On second thought....To hell with that. Going to play with the dog.

You need a cool pair of goggles?

Got a pair I'll sell you. Not only can you see other dimensions....you can see in between dimensions. After all, that's where the interesting things take place.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

do you always post while 'lit'?