1. scrub puller

scrub puller New Member

Old(ish) Ausralian bushman

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by scrub puller, Jun 7, 2015.

Yair . . .

Hello folks. I have just joined this community.

Please forgive me if I stuff up with formatting and protocol . . . even though I put a lot of words on paper I am not particularly adept with computers and the internet and I'm finding this site a bit confusing.

I wrote a whole series of "Westerns" fifty years ago and, in my ignorance sold 'all rights' for one hundred pounds each . . . some of them are still in print with slight alterations.

Never wrote for forty years and then with the onset of semi-retirement I started getting a few articles and short stories published . . . this past ten years or so I have been working on a couple of semi-literary(?) novels and have been accepted by an agent.

This is my first post here, virtually a test so I will preview and then upload.

Did real well didn't I, miss spelt "Australian" in the thread title and apparently it can't be edited, ah well that's life. (big grin)

Cheers.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  2. Lance Schukies

Lance Schukies Active Member

I was expecting more Aussie slang from ya mate. as nother Aussie welcome to this online sheit..

3. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Welcome to the forum, scrub!
    Saying that felt an awful lot like an insult... :)

Anyway, here's a link to the New Member Guide. It will get you started with the forum's rule and general layout.

Participate and have fun!

4. Aaron DC

Aaron DC Contributor Contributor

G'day digger. Welcome :agreed:

5. scrub puller

scrub puller New Member

Yair . . . It seems like a nice group of folks here but I'm afraid I find the format of this site difficult and (for me) user unfriendly.

I'm out of here and all the best to every one with their writing.

Cheers.

6. Lance Schukies

Lance Schukies Active Member

I agree the format is hard to follow. I use this link to see what is new https://www.writingforums.org/find-new/posts

7. Wrizzy

Wrizzy Member

Hello, Scrub. (New here, too.)

I wasn't sure if that meant you were leaving the site, or just logging off. If the latter, I have the feeling that I'm still going to be getting used to the forum format for awhile. I'm not much of a tech user. (Gasp! In this day and age?) I'm gonna go ahead and call myself a new age hippie. You'll more likely find me watering the wildflowers on my property and people wondering if I'm crazy as I talk to my plants. So, when it comes to the forum, I'm there with you.

Good luck, and see you around!

8. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

I'm not sure if you'll ever see this post, but I'll post it anyway.

If you feel that the forum if hard to navigate, its layout isn't good, etc. please let us know why you think this. We're always looking for ways to improve the site. Feel free to reply to this post or send me a PM if you want to give us some feedback.