1. lostinwebspace

lostinwebspace Active Member

Editor Discussion Good editing services

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by lostinwebspace, Dec 5, 2014.

Anyone know a good editing service out there? I'm fairly confident in my editing, but I'm afraid I've missed those errors that are now invisible to me. I also want to know how the manuscript holds up in plot. Does it tighten the tension enough? How are the characters? And et cetera. So I'm looking for a line editor, a structure editor, all that nice stuff.

I've edited the story about twenty to twenty-five times--I'm not kidding. And I've had it beta-read about five or six times, but not by anyone with any qualifications. Can someone suggest a good place with decent rates?

2. Fitzroy Zeph

Fitzroy Zeph Contributor Contributor

I see you are from Canada. If by chance you live in the GVRD then this woman might be a good choice http://www.eileencook.com
    She gave a talk at the NSWA and I found her very interesting and competetent. She has a successful publishing history as well.

3. Kat Hawthorne

Kat Hawthorne New Member

Hi Lost,

I am a professional editor. I went to Ryerson University (Toronto, Ontario) for substantive, stylistic, and copy editing. I am the in-house copyeditor at BookFish Books LLC., and I also acquire fiction. Oh, and I freelance.

For more information, or if you have any questions about what I do, please visit my website (apologies if linking to an outside Internet address is a no-no here): www.movetothewrite.com. I would be happy to give you a quote if you are interested.