1. Rethagos

Rethagos Member

Greetings from Poland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rethagos, Mar 19, 2016.

Hello ladies and gentlemen, writers and explorers of the unknown depths of our imaginations!

My actual name is Kamil, though you can call me whatever you want :). At this moment, I am an IT student, but, as I have no idea what the professors are talking about, I'll stick to writing for now and study only what I've really got to. It's probably for the best.
    What genres am I into? Stuff like fantasy, horror, post-apo, probably dystopian, and I won't say "no" to some good science-fiction.
    I came here to basically hone the craft. I've got this big, like "reeeeally big" series on my mind and next to no skills to be able to pull it off.
    Therefore, I really hope you'll put up with me, and we'll be one happy writing community.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

DzieƄ dobry, Kamil. :)

Remember to read the Forum Rules and the New Member Quick Start.

Now, as for this reeeeeaaaaaly big series. Maybe some shorter work would be of help before tackling something huge, yes?

3. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Some advice from someone who had been there (not that long ago): The first at least 130k words -or more- won't be as good as you'd like. Writing is a whole diverse skillset and it takes a good long time to master (I am still learning *sigh*)

Start writing maybe another story and learn as you go, start on your major work when your skills are honed beyond newbie-mistakes ;)

And, important, enjoy every single step!

BruceA likes this.
  4. Rethagos

Rethagos Member

Thanks for the tips, Wreybies and Lifeline!
    I will most certainly explore some minor ideas and put them into shorter stories. Who knows, maybe between writing and writing I'll try my best in those writing contests?
    Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome! :)