1. Cacian

Cacian Banned

the most attractive feature in a person?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cacian, Nov 13, 2011.

the way a person talks. I find it most exhilarating when someone talks in a refined gentle manner with superbly exact words.
    I can swing both ways and so I can either fully immerse in listening or totally switch of depending who is talking and how which is a very helpful tool for me.;)

2. art

art Contributor Contributor

Given the relative anonymity the internet affords, I think we should try to be ingenuous here - try to give an honest account of our desires and drives (most of which are biological and beyond our control.) With that in mind: nothing more attractive than a person who gives their inferiors the same consideration as their superiors. My heart melts at the sight.

3. Cacian

Cacian Banned

hehe....this is where I come along and take away superior and inferior and only confine them to perhaps this<> and be done with them.

4. Gfire

Gfire New Member

I think ability to work hard, and make sacrifices, to achieve their dreams or goals. I'm impressed with highly productive people, in particular because most people I have come in contact with do the absolute least they can get away with.

5. mcjessi11

mcjessi11 New Member

People who may be brilliant or talented, but still respect and listen to others.

6. Quezacotl

Quezacotl New Member

Honesty, humility and humor.

How one talks? I agree.

7. Cacian

Cacian Banned

some people get away because the welfare state let them.

8. Cacian

Cacian Banned

humility as in compassion and understanding?

9. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

I find the ability to take things at face value very attractive in females. Too often, females are cynical of guys who, like me, are actually nice within and without.

Uh, more like 'humility' as in being humble, I should think.

10. Cacian

Cacian Banned

Cruci if I understand you , females are platonic and unable to read between the lines?
    but isn't that just depends on personality rather then gender?

11. James Berkley

James Berkley Banned

Superficially, the texture of their hair, yeah I know weird.
    Non superficial, I like some aggression, danger, and love of adrenalin. Unfortunately all the girls I see at the range with combat pistols have rings, and you never seem to see a girl not riding on the back of a sports bike.

12. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

Please note that what I said did not apply to all females. It said, "Too often ..." referring directly to my personal experience with a majority of women. The girl I'm romancing at the moment is good at taking things at face value. She's not entirely cynical. So I know for a fact that it's not all women.

That's only weird if they don't take care of it. I know some girls who do take care of it and it still feels kind of gross. I do know one girl who has the most amazingly smooth hair, though. So no, it's not really that weird, my friend.

13. WriterDude

WriterDude Contributor Contributor

I could write a long list over things I find attractive in a woman, but to make it short, her apperance needs to be consistent. I mean I don't care if she's too skinny or too... not skinny. But you remove cut a woman's breasts off an effectivly cut her body weight in half, something's not right.

Second, I don't like people who are 'perfect'. Everyone has flaws. Even I do. (a bit short and waiting for my -third- kidney transplant, for starters.) I like a woman who not only dares to admit she has flaws, but accepts it as part of her life. Likewise, I don't want anyone who admits she has flaws, but focus too much on them. Let's say you are in a wheelchair. Is your life really over? Not even close. You'll have a hard time climbing a mountain, swimming on your own, riding a bike and so on (not saying it can't be done, though). But instead of focusing on what you can't do, focus on what you -can- do. I've seen blind people ride bikes and play soccer, and people in wheelchairs play basketball. You'd be surprised what you can do if you put your mind to it. Still, only do it if you want to do it. Just because something can be done, it doesn't mean it should be done.

Third, I like someone who likes me for who I am. I'm not perfect, but I dare say I have a lot of good sides, too. If a woman could accept my bad sides and fall in love with the good ones, I'd marry her.

14. VM80

VM80 Contributor Contributor

Kindness and consideration for others. At a minimum, that's what I look for in anyone who I call a friend, let alone anything else.

For the latter, there are more things to consider, of course.

15. Cacian

Cacian Banned

how do you mean by hair?
    colour wise? texture? cut..I mean it is varied.

16. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

And some because their wealth lets them :rolleyes:

For me, the willingness to back up words with actions, to stand up for the underdog, to do what's right regardless of popularity.

17. Faust

Faust Active Member

I find people's eyes to be very expressive. "bright eyed' people usually make for the most interesting conversations. Eyes are the windows of the soul after all.

18. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

The rear end and breasts, and not being too terribly skinny.

19. Cacian

Cacian Banned

lol

what about the rest like charm and enthusiasm, maybe a smile or two?
    no..doesn't that interest you at all!!?:D

20. Steerpike

Yes, actually. Although my comment is true, I'd say it goes only for initial impressions - what one might be attracted to simply upon seeing someone.

Ultimately, wit and intelligence prevail and outweigh the physical aspect. The physical attractiveness may be the impetus to approach someone, but it won't sustain the relationship for long. Personally, the smarter the other person the better, and if they're smarter than I am (which may or may not be saying much, depending on your point of view) that's when I start to get really interested.

21. Cacian

Cacian Banned

lol..why smarter then you?
    how about the same level as you!!:p

22. Steerpike

That's fine too, but smarter is even better. You're always being challenged or stimulated intellectually, always learning something. It's pretty cool.

23. Acanthophis

Acanthophis ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Contributor

I have a lot of generic ones, such as having a sense of humour, being smart (enough), being nice, etc. But I also have a thing with names, I don't like certain names, so I'll try and stay away from those people, in terms of relationships. :p

24. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

This is so spot on. I wish I were better at it myself, and I try to each and every time the opportunity is presented to me. I find this to be one of the most attractive features a person can possess as well.

At the same time, while I know this is somewhat contradictory of what I have just said, I think the most attractive feature in a person is his or her intellect and the application of it. I get very bored when I'm engaging in conversation that could probably also be had with a rock and want to move on quickly. I totally agree with Steerpike when it comes to finding someone smarter than I am. I love being around people who can teach me new skills and talk to me about anything and we can expand our understandings.

On a more physical level, I am absolutely enamored by people who have big, loud laughs and who laugh often. And tall people. :p

25. Cacian

Cacian Banned

what type of names don't you like?