1. Raven

Raven Banned

The Horus Heresy Series

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Raven, Feb 14, 2008.

[​IMG]

It is the 31st millennium. The forces of humanity have reached the stars. Under the benevolent leadership of the Immortal Emperor and his superhuman sons, the primarchs, the Imperium of Man has stretched out across the galaxy. It is a golden age of discovery and conquest. But now, on the eve of victory, the Emperor leaves the front lines, entrusting the great crusade to his favourite son, Horus. Promoted to Warmaster, can the idealistic Horus carry the Emperor’s grand plan? Worse still, this promotion has sown discontent amongst his brothers. How long before this escalates into all-out mutiny?

Horus Rising is the first chapter in the epic tale of the Horus Heresy, a galactic civil war that threatened to bring about the extinction of humanity.

Words Taken from Black Library

Myself I have read the first 6 books and look forward to the release of the seventh book Legion

[​IMG]

The fourth book was my favourite so far though Flight Of the Eisenstien

[​IMG]
    Having witnessed the terrible massacre of Imperial forces on Isstvan III, Death Guard Captain Garro seizes a ship and sets a course for Terra to warn the Emperor of Horus’s treachery. But when the fleeing Eisenstein is damaged by enemy fire, it becomes stranded in the warp – the realm of the Dark Powers. Can Garro and his men survive the depredations of Chaos and get his warning to the Emperor before Horus’s plans reach fruition?

The series really delves into the history of the 40k universe. dating back to the 30k and has been revealling a lot of surpirses along the way.

The Horus Heresy series is definately a must for any fan of the genre and the authirs are very the best. Featuring authors such as Dan Abnett and Ben Counter. Along with James Swallow.