1. Lifeline

Lifeline The Dark - not in Wonderland Supporter Contributor

Great article on the process of plot-outlining

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Lifeline, Jan 30, 2016.

I am not sure this is the proper place, but oh well. If it does not fit please move to the proper place :)

Just stumbled over a great (and very graphic) article on the way to your finished novel. The process of writing will never look the same to you, I promise!
    This is the site, and the article is calles: "Climbing Mt. Story: How to survive the creative journey". I can totally relate to the Hybrid-Climber ;). Have fun!

http://writetodone.com/climbing-mt-story-how-to-survive-the-creative-journey/

Tea@3 likes this.
  2. BayView

BayView Contributing Member Contributor

It's kind of weird how many of the world's best "mountain climbers" are "organic climbers", isn't it?

3. Lifeline

:D
    I don't know any of the world's best writer-climbers so I am not prepared to comment on that :supergrin:

4. BayView

Like, you don't know them personally? You don't really have to - lots of them talk about their writing process.

If planning works for you, or being hybrid works for you, great - but why is there a need to diminish a method that works for others? Because not planning works for lots of people, contrary to the theme of that article.

5. Lifeline

Aehm maybe I set the words wrong. I did not mean to diminish any style and I certainly understand that what works for me may not work for anyone else. If I have given offense I apologise, it was unintended. I only wanted to joke.

6. BayView

No, not offended at all - just tired of this debate. But possibly this is the first time you've been part of it, so apologies for any snippiness.