1. Killian Jones

Killian Jones Banned

Greetings and Salutations...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Killian Jones, Jun 6, 2014.

I saw an introduction forum, so here is my introduction!

I have been a long-time lurker and harshest critic of my writing but I think I have learned enough from reading all of you that maybe the time is right...

...maybe. :)

KJ

2. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

Hey there, KJ,

Welcome to the Forums. I'm sure you'll have a great time as a member. As a longtime lurker, I bet you've already rad the Rules and FAQ. There's a New member guide around here somewhere too with much of the same information.

3. Killian Jones

Killian Jones Banned

Thank you. I have read them but despite my less-than-reputable moniker, I don't think I will run afoul of the authorities. :)

minstrel and Andrae Smith like this.
  4. Andrae Smith

I bet. Most people are pretty pretty good about this. It's just a formality ha ha. So what do you like to write?

5. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @Killian Jones, and welcome to the forum! You joined a month ago and just lurked? Dude, good things happen to those who don't lurk! For example, non-lurkers build up the posts and critiques needed to have their own work critiqued. Try it - you don't learn to play hockey by watching on TV; you have to get out onto the ice with the rest of us and skate! :)

6. Killian Jones

Killian Jones Banned

I'm a sucker for Indiana Jones-type adventure stories. Goes back to Journey to the Center of the Earth as one of my favorite books as a child!

Thank you. I just noticed when you say the word 'lurk' enough it starts to sound weird.

I guess I just didn't want to fall on my bum while everyone else skated around me!

minstrel and Andrae Smith like this.
  7. Andrae Smith

Those can be pretty fun books. History shows they can be pretty popular stories. I'm more a of a sci-fi adventure type of guy, as well as general/literary fiction. Still, I can't wait to see what you've got. And like Minstrel said, gt involved, dude! Have some fun :) the more you participate, the more you grow as does the (activity on the forum). ;)