1. Thomas Babel

Thomas Babel Member

Greetings fellow wri-- oh, where the hell is my wine!?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Thomas Babel, Feb 18, 2017.

Hey folks! Happy to be in a writing circle again. Unbeknownst to me, for at least a decade, I have been struggling with a blood sugar problem. It nearly put me in a coma recently!

Since then, now that I have the knowledge and the tools to keep myself healthy, I've regained my soul and the inspiration to write again, among many other creative outlets including music. So, three cheers to me! Yay! And cheers to you.

I can't wait to have earned the right to post some of my own work, and I will do my utmost to be a constructive presence here!

2. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the club! And to answer your question, your wine is at my house "chilling" (just the whites, gamay, pinot noir, and other light bodied reds) with my scotches and bourbons.

3. Thomas Babel

Thomas Babel Member

Why have you stolen all my wine that I never bought? Why.

4. Pinkymcfiddle

Pinkymcfiddle Banned

You know wine is full of sugar? But honestly, if I had to pick my coma, it would be sugar induced.

I am also new here, nice to meet you.

5. Thomas Babel

Thomas Babel Member

Hi, Pinky!

The ADA says wine is okay, but they say it about RED wine. White wine is the menace apparently, which is too bad because I prefer white. There are a few carbs in red wine (something else I have to regulate) but not too many - and thankfully no sugars. In fact, the danger with too much red wine, as I've read, is that it will substantially lower blood sugar. That in conjunction with insulin can put you dangerously low. As I've read.

6. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

It came here because it was lonely. I design wine menus (or did before I quit my job to write full time) so the wine is constantly lobbying me for recognition.

7. Pinkymcfiddle

Pinkymcfiddle Banned

I truly hope this is true, because if you design wine menus- you just write a list of wines. Or do you choose the wine list? Please tell me you just pick the font and type it.

8. Whale Song

Whale Song New Member

Nice to meet you, Babel.