1. Baby Phoenix

Baby Phoenix New Member

hi! Aspiring writer here c:

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Baby Phoenix, Jul 3, 2015.

I wanted my name to be 'Phoenix' because it sounds cool and mysterious, but some pesky person beat me to it. I'll just be realistic and assume my true form: A newborn attempting to poke its head out and assume new direction!

That was an unnecessary metaphor for my decision to focus on becoming a writer. A bit about me. I'm 18. Okay, moving on.

No I'm sorry. I've always enjoyed writing from a young age. I've always enjoyed reading since a young age, but not too young. Actually, funny memory. Never mind, explaining would take too long. I never took writing seriously, it was always a hobby of mine. I still remember making some LoL (the game) story's about some of its characters. I really loved the openness of its lore and explored it crudely, but with great interest. I posted this on an online forum whose name escapes me, and i got feedback! I still remember reading a persons post. It wasn't the praise that made me happy, it was their desire for me to continue (this is in bold because I accidentally left it out. Read it without the bold. Yeah. Sorry). That was the first time I really stopped and thought of writing as a career, and yet still! I did not want to be a writer.

Is this going on too long? It is? Too bad. Back on topic. At some age, I believe its 10, I had my heart set on becoming a game designer. I could explain why but that's boring and I don't feel like it. Just know that this is what happened, and it wasn't until a couple of months ago that I realised I didn't want this. I was in university at the time, which I've currently differed for now, and it just popped. it's like I had been thinking about it all along.

Oh shit. I want to be a writer.

my parents tell me it was my dream when I was young but I don't believe them. I don't remember much about when I was young, but that's not the point. Is this turning into a life story? I hope so. No I don't, that'd be tedious for you. it's fun writing this though. moving on.

So, I suddenly decided to be a writer. Or rather, I suddenly realised I wanted to be a writer and decided to commit. it's really rather weird how I didn't consider it as a job. I mean, the only time I have ever found work enjoyable is when writing. It's like its not work. Well, that's not 100% fact. Most of the time, however, it feels really great. Exploring your characters, your world, your plot, just everything is so much fun. Where am I going with this again? I've actually forgotten.

Right, this was my about me. How exciting that was. I almost took you on an adventure didn't I! No? I'm not going to get away with writing multiple paragraphs? Sigh.

So, the important bits. For those who need it, skip here to pass drivel. I'm too kind. Just kidding, I'm still writing drivel. Anyways, I'm an aspiring writer. I'm writing a novel write now. Well, I wanted to do something interesting with my novel. So it's really about a world I've created and two individuals. Sisters, or rather sisters that aren't sisters. These sisters get taken out of our world, a ruckus ensues(this is misleading) and they get thrown into another one. Or rather, THE one. Then they have to cope. New world, new learning experience. my aim is to make it almost as if you're with the characters. Both leanring as you go, discovering exactly where you are and how to live. Going on an adventure. Fun right? I hope so. I'm enjoying creating it regardless.

Still stuck on whether I want it in first person or third, even though I wrote the first chapter in first. First associates with the reader better, but it runs into perspective problems. I like third better, but its distant. I don't want distant. Well, this is an introduction thread. Sorry for going off-topic.

Or am I.

No, I'm really sorry. I'll stop. Right now. Sorry.
    Bye.
    Or rather, hello.

EDIT: I'm not actually as cool as my picture depicts. As I feel this misrepresentation will cause problems, I'm going to find something with a better representation of my soul. Or perhaps I just like cute things.
    EDIT: That's much better. What was my old picture? you may never know.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. No-Name Slob

No-Name Slob Member Supporter Contributor

Welcome. :) What's LoL?

3. Baby Phoenix

Baby Phoenix New Member

League of Legends. It's a popular video game.

4. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

@Pheonix Did you laid an egg?

5. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi @Baby Phoenix, good call on the spammer. Welcome to the forum.

6. Baby Phoenix

Baby Phoenix New Member

Hi :)

No worries about the spammer, just hope no-one believed him.

7. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hopefully most people know better than to fall for spammer tactics. His posts will all disappear soon. I think we have to wait for the special powers of @Wreybies to delete them.

8. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

Welcome to the forum! Reading your post was... disorienting, but still entertaining! I can't wait to see what you contribute to the forum!

Here's the new member guide to start you off! I found it was quite useful when I started. :)

Baby Phoenix likes this.
  9. Baby Phoenix

Baby Phoenix New Member

I'm glad you found it entertaining. I like to do running thoughts in my posts sometimes. Running thoughts is when I don't remove parts that you usually would (because it was a thought at the time but you scrapped it). For example, the part where I said 'Actually, funny memory. Never mind, explaining would take too long.' It's fun right! It's like we're actually talking and I just decided not to explain something to you. Except you're not talking and I'm not really talking either...

But it's fun right! Yeah, I'm sorry. No I'm not, but I heard pretending to be was polite.

Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to read through it :)

I also hope I can contribute to the forums. I'm a very opinionated person, so all my posts will probably be 95% opinion and 5% fact. Facts are overrated anyways, all they do is give your comment some sound reasoning that backs up your argument so people can recognise its validity. Who needs that? Not me.

Nicoel likes this.
  10. jen_writer

jen_writer Member

Hi Phoenix/Baby Phoenix. I've loved reading and writing since I could do both. I decided I wanted to be a writer when I was very young 6/7. I loved writing stories but when I got older I worried I was rubbish and life happened and I didn't write as much as I did as a child. Just the odd attempt.
    Last yr I told myself I would make myself enter a competition and this yr I found out that I won. And since that win and having people tell me after reading my story that they enjoyed it it's been a huge confidence boast and it's helped. I've always wanted to be a writer but it's only recently I've taken it seriously. I've done two nanowrimos and one camp, tried and failed to write novels (and short stories) but now I know what I'm doing . I think.
    I realised I don't know what type of novel I want to write so am concentrating on short fiction for a while and trying not to think I need to write a novel, I need to write one now!

Anyway welcome. Join in and keep writing.
    Oh, and I love your picture, I think I seen a notebook or something with that on before

11. Baby Phoenix

Baby Phoenix New Member

that's great! I really hope you keep writing. What you want to do will come to you. For me, the idea for my book is actually a mix and mash of multiple different ones I came up with. Though I do have one main one I focus on.

I found this picture by searching something along the lines of 'cute things' and fell in love with it. It's awesome. Thanks for the comment :)

12. jen_writer

jen_writer Member

Hope to see you on the forums