1. The_Rpg_Moogle

The_Rpg_Moogle New Member

Greetings from that little country west of Germany

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The_Rpg_Moogle, Dec 18, 2013.

Hello everybody on this forum!

My name is Joost Janssens, I'm a 24 year old student from the Netherlands. I'm currently studying to become a history teacher, so questions about that are always welcome with me! Alongside that I also enjoy gaming (especially collection old consoles and learning about...wait for it...their history!), DJ-ing a little here and there, and of course writing!

I've been writing for some 10 years now, but never got published (which is kinda my own fault for not having ever considered it yet). Propably because I'm still trying to write the one book that I'm really, really proud of. I don't have a preference for genre. More specifically, I don't want to be tied to only one genre, ever. That's because I have too many ideas and too many interests for all types of writing, and I enjoy having the freedom in that.

I write in Dutch, by the way. I tried writing in English but gave up on it because it's not my mother's tongue and I feel it limits my linguistical ability too much. Add to that the fact that you've propably already noticed at least a hundred spelling and grammar mistakes in this message alone and you can propably see why. It's a shame because that means I can't post some of my work here, but I'll gladly take and give advice, which is my primary reason for coming to this place. That, and meeting new people who enjoy the same thing I do. I sincerely hope I can be as much of help to people as they will be to me.

All the best to everyone!

Joost Janssens

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D

Wrey

3. The_Rpg_Moogle

I will, thanks!

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

welkom, joost!

as for mistakes, aside from a few minor typos, your english is more perfect than many of the native english speakers i've come across on writing sites...

love and hugs, maia

5. The_Rpg_Moogle

I love that you use the word welkom! :D Makes me feel right at home!

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i enjoyed mentoring a couple of aspiring writer nederlanders... only whizzed through the low country from schiphol to the train station, then by train to the brussels end of the chunnel... but loved all i saw... also spent one christmas eve/day hove to off rotterdam, on a P&O container ship in '98... sorry to not have had more than barely a taste of a country that's fascinated me ever since i read 'hans brinker' at about age 6...

glad to have you here, moog!