1. katreya

katreya Member

Hi from New Zealand

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by katreya, Aug 5, 2013.

Hey all,
    instead of just posting on everyone else's intros, I figured I'd do my own too! My name's Kate, currently live in NZ, have most of my life but I was born in Australia, raised all over the world (okay, Australia, the US, a bit of time in Switzerland, then NZ...). I'm a mother of one, with another on the way, happily married and very old-school in my approach to a lot of things. I'm a member of quite a few writers sites, some that have died, others that have been revived... some that are still on the way! It's great to network and read other people's works and receive feedback on my own.

Cheers, really. :)

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. Kelson

Kelson New Member

Welcome Katreya,

You sound as if you have interesting tales to tell. Do post some please. You can find out everything about me that you may (or may not) want to know by U.S. web searching Kelson's Challenge or Kelson Hargis. Feedback is always welcome. I look forward to reading your stuff!

Kelson

3. The Peanut Monster

The Peanut Monster New Member

Hey hey to a fellow kiwi! :)

4. Brendan Norman

Brendan Norman New Member

She's an AUSSIE! :) Hello to another Aussie! ;)

5. katreya

katreya Member

Hahaha, hi back - yeah, bit of both now considering I married a kiwi! Everyone here loves to claim I'm a kiwi, everyone back home says I'm still an Aussie... XD!! It's cool to see people from this part of the world though - usually all I find are Brits or Americans (not that there's anything wrong with that... just that when it's supposed to be Winter, it's SUMMER... lucky...)

How are you guys finding the site? Entered the competitions yet? Love contests !

6. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Katreya. :)

You'll find we've got folks from all over! :D

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start. Then take a leisurely stroll through the different areas of the forum to get your bearings. Once you have a good idea where everything is, come and say hello in the Lounge or have a look at the items already up for review in the Workshop

Please remember that as a full participation workshop. You are required to give two (2) constructive reviews of posted items prior to posting your own work. Thereafter, two reviews for every post of your own work is the expected standard. Remember that two is only a minimum.

Why do we have this requirement? Because we have a very different philosophy here than you will find in most other forums. We are not a refrigerator door to pin up work with a colorful magnet for all the world to see. Our forum is not about getting reviewed. It’s about giving reviews and in the process improving your own writing.

Have fun! :D

7. Pisatelj

Pisatelj Member

Hi, from Slovinia.

8. The Peanut Monster

No actually - partially because I don't think I'm good enough :p it's good, lots of good feedback, lots of ideas floating around if (as with all forums) you can stay out of the politics :) Certainly gives me lots of impetus to keep on writing!

9. katreya

katreya Member

Hi all, again!

Hope I can get some time to give a few reviews while I'm here. Maybe I'll whip one up now. *must find story to review first*

I've never found forums that are terribly active... good to see this one is! Do you know of any others, Peanut Monster? =o

10. The Peanut Monster

I'm not sure actually, I just found this place and stick with it. (though I'm on forums for other things too). In any event, I'm not sure they are a fan of mentioning other forums (theres a fair bit of moderation in my experience with other forums). Brilliant resources here though.

11. katreya

katreya Member

Oh, that's understandable I suppose! Google's a great friend anyway. I just like casting a wide net. I tend to find that for some reason, you get different types of people on different forums, even though there's a bit of a range within that section. Cheers anyway!