1. AniGa

AniGa Member

English greetings from germany

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AniGa, Sep 10, 2015.

Hello there, everyone.

My name is Felix - AniGa or Anvanaar on the interwebs - and I'm an aspiring author.
    Well... my registration here was honestly said a rather spontaneous decision, so I guess I should just go over who I am and what I do, and why I registered here in the first place.

Well, like I said, my name is Felix (I'd prefer it if you call me AniGa though) and I am twenty-three years old since August 30th.
    I do live in Germany, Bavaria, but I started teaching myself English at the age of four or five... and, for the longest time, I've seen it as more of my mother language than German; I dare say my English is better than my German in certain areas.

I am a friend of all kinds of literature - be it western novels or eastern light novels, western comics or eastern manga; just give me something neat and well-written to read, and if it has artworks I'll appreciate it, simple as that.

My own writing style (I write exclusively in English, by the way) could probably be described rather well by saying it's a mix between western and eastern influences.
    To put it in a more understandable way: I think the way I word myself in various kinds of scenes is very western, but the artistic and philosophic freedoms I allow myself, like what subjects I dare tackle and what messages I dare try bringing across, are a distinctly eastern influence.

I am very, very passionate about writing; saying it is pretty much the thing I live for is an understatement. Expressing myself and bringing across my messages and ideas through stories is what I want to do for the rest of my life...
    ... so I am hard at work day and night, trying to improve and, hopefully soon, actually publish something.

I also draw - manga, to be precise, and I am not any less passionate about it that I am about pure writing, definitely.
    Quite a bit of my time goes into practice in that particular field as well, so I'd definitely like to successfully dive into both fields of art.

And the reason I registered here...? Well...

... to be honest, I barely know any writers, let alone good ones. The only truly good writer I know is a good friend of mine from Poland, a stunningly brilliant writer who has no interest in being an author; all he is interested in is some roleplaying. ("What a waste of talent." was said more than once.)

So I simply seek more personal contact to other writers, to people who share my deep passion for writing, for creating worlds, places and people, for trying to say something in the form of a story.

So, yes... I think I am done with building this wall of text.
    I hope I'll manage to be a good part of this community!

Greets,
    AniGa

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi AniGa, and welcome to WF! Always glad to meet other writers whose mother-tongue is something else than English. :D

Your writing style piqued my interest. What kind of Eastern themes and subjects are you talking about? Are they potentially controversial in the West? I'm just asking 'cause I also tend to veer towards the controversial in my writing. :p

Anyway, without further ado, here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Have fun!

-Kat

3. AniGa

AniGa Member

Thanks! : )

What I meant primarily is that modern eastern entertainment mediums, be it in text form, on TV or whatever else, are usually much more open about the subjects they tackle, and how openly they do so; that ranges all the way from violence over things like the not-so-pretty sides of human emotions and themes like death and doesn't stop with mature subjects like sexuality.

Especially the part about "the not-so-pretty sides of human emotions", or maybe even just the more complicated sides - that in particular is something that I want and tend to be very open about.

The first story that I wish to publish, for example, is about the troubles and hurdles in the lives of a young lesbian couple, one of them already a famous singer in her teenage years, the other suffering from social phobia and other severe emotional, social and even health-related issues.
    It's natural that both small and big problems would come up for such two young women, and I want to dive really deep into what's behind the way they live and make their decisions, into what even led them all the way to where they are now, however ugly or unpleasant that "behind" may be at times.
    Because that's what we humans are - the things going on in our heads and hearts are very ugly and unpleasant at times, and I want to put that human nature of ours right on a silver platter in the way I write... together with all the good things, of course.

So what I meant is that I tend to write about all these subjects very openly, without being afraid of "not watching my mouth", challenging readers too much or not adhering to typical taboos... and that, closing the circle, is highly typical for modern eastern entertainment mediums, mainly Japanese ones, which influenced my ideas and the way I think about certain things a lot.

Thanks for the interest in me and my writing!

Greets,
    AniGa

KaTrian likes this.
  4. DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse Member

Wonderful introduction, thank you for writing it :)

Ich bin eine langweilig vogel mit anstrengend augen und schwierig kartoffel...

This is what I recall of my german, which I loved learning and must brush up on again, as you can probably tell from that sentence :p

5. AniGa

AniGa Member

a) Yes, I can indeed.
    b) Eh. German's not worth learning... such an awful language. No rhythm, no flow. Meh.
    ... xP

And thanks for the kind words. : )

Greets,
    AniGa