1. MrReliable3599

MrReliable3599 New Member

Hello?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MrReliable3599, Jan 24, 2014.

...hello?...Is this thing on?

Hi. I write for a living, mostly technical reference materials, educational materials, some correspondence. Actually I'm an editor. I hire people much smarter than I am and tell them what to write about.

I've been looking for something along the lines of a fun writers' playground. Years ago, when the internet was new, there was a place where writers would go to talk smart and make bad jokes, but it was amusing a good part of the time. My favorite, I can't remember exactly what it was called, "telegraph story" perhaps, was when someone started a story with a paragraph, the next person wrote the next paragraph, and etc., and etc.

Are there any threads like that around here? A place where seriousness is at least ignored, maybe even lightly frowned upon?

Anyway, I see most of the folks on this forum are good writers and not the least annoying to read. Just me saying, "Hi."

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D

Wrey

3. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

You might find something like that in Writing Prompts.

Welcome to WF!